Contribute
Register

New build (but using a few old parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I lost my ethernet again but I was able to isolate it to an event occurring during Migration Assistant. I went to System/Library/Extensions and deleted these three kexts:

AppleYukon (2 of these)
RealtekR1000

I suspect that the AppleYukons were not the problem and that the RealtekR1000 (brought over from my previous hackintosh during MA) was conflicting with the RealtekR1000SL kext. Do I need to return the AppleYukon kexts back to System/Library/Extensions?

Connie Mac said:
One question: this board has two ethernet ports. I suspect it's possible to use Internet Sharing for the second port?

The good news is that I am indeed able to share my network connection from my first ethernet port (en0) that is connected to my Airport Extreme Base Station with the second ethernet port (en1). The bad news is that (1) the other computer receiving this signal only sees the hackintosh it's connected to, and (2) none of the other devices (two MacBooks, two Minis and an Apple TV) on my AEBS network can see the computer that's connected to the hackintosh by port en1. I can surf the web, but can't see any of the other computers (it's an HTPC hackintosh). What's strange is that all my other computers/ATV have 10.0.0.xxx addresses while the HTPC computer that can't see the rest of the network has 192.168.2.2. Clearly this is the problem, so how do I get it to have a 10.0.0.xxx address? It's obtaining it by DHCP from the hackintosh that's providing it the address from port en1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back