Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a Go-Pro camera and a lot of footage of family events and trips and want some advise around what video card(s) I should be considering for rendering the final video cuts etc.

I looking to do a new build using a mATX Z370 based motherboard, i5 CPU, 16-32GB’s of Ram and a graphics card.

I’m on a budget so are not wanting to pay more than about $200-400 for a graphics card if possible. I'm not looking to do gaming.

I would consider using two cards if they are slightly cheaper and I get the same or better performance than a more expensive card.

Also, is it better to use one of two cards for video editing?
As far as video editing software is concerned, what is good?

Thanks in advance.
Regards D.

I'm assuming i5 coffee lake right?If you plan to use final cut pro, you can edit even without a card, using only the Intel graphics. Also 16 gb is more than enough. I have 8 gb and I'm ok.Tests have shown that extra ram doesn't speed dramatically exporting times in fcpx. I mean, it's good to have, bit they are way too expensive at the moment.

But if you want a dedicated card, go with AMD. RX 560 is a great budget choice, you can find it around 120-140 €.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back