Contribute
Register

New build advice using some older components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Yosemite has been loaded...all working fine for the most part aside from a few drivers and things missing audio/ethernet etc.

I've got MultiBeast loaded and am just wondering where to from here? What should I load/run to finish off the installation and get everything working/stable? Can I just simply run one of the prebuilt configurations "easybeast" for example, install the few drivers that aren't loaded and everything will be fine?

Have a look into the below guide,
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104490-how-know-what-install-multibeast.html

Ok, so I'm making some good progress and system seems to be running ok for the most part.

I've run Multibeast used the Easybeast quick start as starting point, selected a few additional drivers through Multibeast such as the Realtek ALC898 audio, universal usb3 and this seems to have gone ok. Network was not available through Multibeast so downloaded and ran the BCM57781 kext that was supplied on another thread using kext beast to install. This got my network going, hooray!

Now I have few more problems/queries:

1. I can't boot into yosemite without leaving the USB(yosemite installer) connected. Is there a quick fix for this?
  2. My p2715Q Dell monitor seems to be randomly blanking/dropping out, however the 2nd monitor (U2711) does not have this problem. P2715Q is connected via mdp, and the U2711 connected via DVI. Is there something I can do to fix this? Should I be installing some drivers or something for my gtx770? Could that be causing the problem?
  3. Is there a good way to make a clone of my mac drive/installation once everything is setup and running properly? Just for disaster recovery purposes.
  4. Is there anything else I've missed or should be doing?

Thanks again guys.

Please update your complete hardware details in your profile
(Profile link in upper right corner of this site)

System: Manufacturer/Model + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)

CPU: Detailed CPU model + Motherboard Chipset

Graphics: All graphics Devices + Screen Resolution

It will help others to find the solutions for your issues.

Ok, so I'm making some good progress and system seems to be running ok for the most part.

I've run Multibeast used the Easybeast quick start as starting point, selected a few additional drivers through Multibeast such as the Realtek ALC898 audio, universal usb3 and this seems to have gone ok. Network was not available through Multibeast so downloaded and ran the BCM57781 kext that was supplied on another thread using kext beast to install. This got my network going, hooray!

1. I can't boot into yosemite without leaving the USB(yosemite installer) connected. Is there a quick fix for this?

1. After installation of Multibeast you have a bootloader (Chimera) in your HDD. Normally you will be able to start the booting. What is the issue you are facing while trying to boot from HDD.

[*]My p2715Q Dell monitor seems to be randomly blanking/dropping out, however the 2nd monitor (U2711) does not have this problem. P2715Q is connected via mdp, and the U2711 connected via DVI. Is there something I can do to fix this? Should I be installing some drivers or something for my gtx770? Could that be causing the problem?

Below link can help you in this query,
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-9-4-334-01-02f02.html

[*]Is there a good way to make a clone of my mac drive/installation once everything is setup and running properly? Just for disaster recovery purposes.
    [*]Is there anything else I've missed or should be doing?
Yes ways are there for making clone. But i had tried to make. You can search in this forum, you will get the solution for this.

Thanks again guys.

I can't boot into yosemite without leaving the USB(yosemite installer) connected. Is there a quick fix for this?

After installation of Multibeast you have a bootloader (Chimera) in your HDD. Normally you will be able to start the booting. What is the issue you are facing while trying to boot from HDD.

My p2715Q Dell monitor seems to be randomly blanking/dropping out, however the 2nd monitor (U2711) does not have this problem. P2715Q is connected via mdp, and the U2711 connected via DVI. Is there something I can do to fix this? Should I be installing some drivers or something for my gtx770? Could that be causing the problem?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-9-4-334-01-02f02.html

Is there a good way to make a clone of my mac drive/installation once everything is setup and running properly? Just for disaster recovery purposes.

Is there anything else I've missed or should be doing?

Thanks again guys.
Yes ways are there for making clone. But i had not tried to make till now. You can search in this forum, you will get the solution for this.

After installation of Multibeast you have a bootloader (Chimera) in your HDD. Normally you will be able to start the booting. What is the issue you are facing while trying to boot from HDD.

Yes ways are there for making clone. But i had not tried to make till now. You can search in this forum, you will get the solution for this.

All of the system information is on first page. Profile is now updated though.

The problem with booting is as stated...it will not boot without the USB flash drive (yosemite installer) plugged into system. So when the USB is plugged in, it loads bootloader and automatically boots into yosemite fine but when you disconnect the USB, yosemite does not load.

That link seems fairly dated, will those gfx drivers still run on latest version of Yosemite?

All of the system information is on first page. Profile is now updated though.

The problem with booting is as stated...it will not boot without the USB flash drive (yosemite installer) plugged into system. So when the USB is plugged in, it loads bootloader and automatically boots into yosemite fine but when you disconnect the USB, yosemite does not load.

After removing UnibeastUSB, Yosemite not loading or bootloader itself not loading?

That link seems fairly dated, will those gfx drivers still run on latest version of Yosemite?

I shared that link for understanding how you can enable your graphics card. You can download and install appropriate version of NVIDIA Webdriver which is matching to your hardware model and OS X Version.

Seems like half these problems are figuring themselves out...always the way.

I removed the USB from system to test again and now it is booting perfectly, loading bootloader first and then automatically jumping into yosemite.

Regarding the screen dropout issue, that seems to be occurring less as well, if at all...Not sure if me turning sleep off completely through the energy saving settings has had much to do with that? I thought NullCPU kext disabled that stuff? I also think the GTX770 has actually been installed and is functioning correctly. See link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4m5ni2ow4ywtf8/About_This_Mac_and_Geeks3D_GpuTest_GUI_0_7_0.png?dl=0

Seems to be running fine. I thought I had to install drivers for this? Does latest unibeast support this or something? Anyway, that's another problem solved.

Another thing, should I be enabling trim as well? I tried running trim enabler to see if that made much difference but that just caused an error on boot, so had to do a repair of disk permissions to rectify.

Seems like half these problems are figuring themselves out...always the way.

I removed the USB from system to test again and now it is booting perfectly, loading bootloader first and then automatically jumping into yosemite.

Regarding the screen dropout issue, that seems to be occurring less as well, if at all...Not sure if me turning sleep off completely through the energy saving settings has had much to do with that? I thought NullCPU kext disabled that stuff? I also think the GTX770 has actually been installed and is functioning correctly. See link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4m5ni2ow4ywtf8/About_This_Mac_and_Geeks3D_GpuTest_GUI_0_7_0.png?dl=0

Seems to be running fine. I thought I had to install drivers for this? Does latest unibeast support this or something? Anyway, that's another problem solved.

Another thing, should I be enabling trim as well? I tried running trim enabler to see if that made much difference but that just caused an error on boot, so had to do a repair of disk permissions to rectify.
For post install problems and questions please post in the Yosemite support forum - this is the Buyer's guide forum. You are clearly past needing buying advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back