Contribute
Register

New Brightness kext, IntelBacklight.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Rehabman, how are you?

I would like to ask you to explain to me what the difference is between using IntelBacklight.kext and the way used in your github repo U430, y50-70, envy-k etc. etc. I saw on github that you create a AppleBacklightInjector.kext at the end ends up being the same thing?

Thank you.

Hello! Rehabman, how are you?

I would like to ask you to explain to me what the difference is between using IntelBacklight.kext and the way used in your github repo U430, y50-70, envy-k etc. etc. I saw on github that you create a AppleBacklightInjector.kext at the end ends up being the same thing?

Thank you.

AppleBacklightInjector.kext is not used in my repos (it is commented out). It is a solution inferior to IntelBacklight.kext.

Hello Rehabman :)

Is it normal that after every time I restart I lose my brightness setting? I have to adjust it every time I restart, it doesn't stay, I have to use the slider to adjust it because it starts in maximum setting.

Hello Rehabman :)

Is it normal that after every time I restart I lose my brightness setting? I have to adjust it every time I restart, it doesn't stay, I have to use the slider to adjust it because it starts in maximum setting.

You need working NVRAM. If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install the RC scripts, otherwise NVRAM isn't saved to /nvram.plist. You can also remove EmuVariable to use native UEFI NVRAM services.

You need working NVRAM. If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install the RC scripts, otherwise NVRAM isn't saved to /nvram.plist. You can also remove EmuVariable to use native UEFI NVRAM services.

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi deleted, problem solved! :thumbup:

If UEFI NVRAM services can be done natively, does this means it's not necessary to use the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in UEFI Bios?

If UEFI NVRAM services can be done natively, does this means it's not necessary to use the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in UEFI Bios?

Correct.

Advanced users could also construct an SSDT that has only the PNLF in it.

For example:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-PNLF.aml", "SSDT", 1, "PNLF", "PNLF", 0x00003000)
{
    Scope (_SB)
    {
        Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 10)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
    }
}
//EOF

The SSDT above, is just this boiler-plate empty SSDT with the "Brightness Fix" patch applied to it:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-PNLF.aml", "SSDT", 1, "PNLF", "PNLF", 0x00003000)
{
}
//EOF

Is there any advantage in keeping the PLNF as a separate SSDT ? Like easy future modifications and updates in future version of Os X ?

My PLNF Device is inside IGPU Device. I should cut that PLNF part and make it as separate SSDT. Am i correct ? Thank you !

Is there any advantage in keeping the PLNF as a separate SSDT ? Like easy future modifications and updates in future version of Os X ?

My PLNF Device is inside IGPU Device. I should cut that PLNF part and make it as separate SSDT. Am i correct ? Thank you !

It really doesn't matter. In DSDT, one of the (patched) OEM SSDTs, a separate SSDT, or added to DSDT with Clover's AddPNLF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back