Contribute
Register

New BIOS F.40 available at HP site

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the 4340sm, fan is slightly more quiet, it was already quiet when it kicked in, this is with safari browser open on this probook section.

when using unibeast to install os x, you will need to plug in a keyboard/mouse.

don't know what else to check for.

Guys, has anyone updated your 4x40s BIOS to latest F.41?
Is everything working fine?
Is DSDT patcher from Probook Installer 6.1 working correctly with this BIOS?

Version: F.41 (24 May 2013)

Fixes

- Fixes an issue where the Bluetooth and WWAN information are not displayed correctly in the F10 BIOS Setup.
- Fixes an issue where the name of the vendor of the memory module is not displayed correctly in F10 BIOS Setup.
- Fixes an issue where system does not boot properly from a Verbatim 3.0 USB drive.
- Fixes an issue where the wake on LAN feature does not function properly when the system is operating in the UEFI native mode.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not power on (boot) correctly after the PXE IPv4 and IPv6 network protocols are disabled in the F10 BIOS Setup.
- Fixes an issue where an external USB keyboard connected to the system does not function properly when using Checkpoint on the system.
- Fixes an issue which causes unintended keystrokes to be activated.
- Fixes an issue where the battery does not charge properly.

Enhancements

- Provides support to separately enable and disable GPS devices and Wireless WAN devices in the F10 BIOS Setup.
- Provides the updated Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) driver.
- Provides the updated Intel Management Engine driver.

Link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...wLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-120422-1

touchpad is not working and sometime sleep.
when I re-patched my dsdt touchpad start to lag.

More details would be required about how "sleep not working"...

Have you tried EC reset? Shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

it goes to sleep and then automatically wakeup and wake on lan was already disabled in bios it worked after re patching dsdt.

OK, glad to see you solved your problem (must have had an out-of-date patched DSDT...)

but my touchpad still lagging :(

Did you try EC reset?

How did you install? When was the last time you did a fresh install using current tools? (probook installer v6.1...)

on 20 July 2013 with unibeast 2.0.1 OS X 10.8.4 and yes i used latest probook installer Version 6.1 ( July 6th 2013).
after that my touchpad and sleep was not working then I patched my dsdt and sleep worked but touch pad is lagging.
and i also tried your New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad with FakeSMC-kozlek.
with BIOS F.40 everything worked FINE. i updated my bios because of it was not charging properly.

my laptop is
Probook 4440s (BIOS F.41)
Core i5 3210
4 GB Ram
750 GB HDD
Dual Boot OS X 10.8.4 and Windows 8

on 20 July 2013 with unibeast 2.0.1 OS X 10.8.4 and yes i used latest probook installer Version 6.1 ( July 6th 2013).
after that my touchpad and sleep was not working then I patched my dsdt and sleep worked but touch pad is lagging.
and i also tried your New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad with FakeSMC-kozlek.

Your DSDT was already patched by the ProBook Installer v6.1... same as doing DSDT patch manually using MaciASL and my patch repo.

my laptop is
Probook 4440s (BIOS F.41)
Core i5 3210
4 GB Ram
750 GB HDD
Dual Boot OS X 10.8.4 and Windows 8

Are you booting from your HDD without help of Unibeast stick?

When you did your install, was it a fresh install to an empty partition? (did you erase it prior to installing?)

I bought my laptop then OS X 10.8.4 from friends MacBook pro and created unibeast usb and created 3 partitions
1) DATA 514GB
2) Windows 100GB
3) OS X 100GB

First installed OS X, probook installer with chimera Bootloader Version 2.1.1 and i was able to boot from HDD. my laptop came with BIOS F.40 everything was working.but when i updated to F.41 touchpad just stop working and now i patched my dsdt its working but lagging.
and then because of lagging i was frustrated so i installed windows 8 and reinstalled chimera bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back