Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi, i've tried again to install Snow Leopard on my pc. The installation and the update went well
I replugged the following PCI:

Wifi-N cf viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9179&p=73981#p73981
Avermedia CaptureHD 727
RevoDrive
Asus Xonar HDAV

and i was still booting without the iBoot CD but without sound. Then i decided to install another sound kext with multibeast, and SL froze during the installation. Since then i can't boot on it without entering -x. In safe mode i can't access any USB stick or other HDDs i have. I've tried to reinstall all the kexts as the last time it worked but no way to boot again normally or to get the sound. Anyone help?

note that during my last attempt, i managed to get the sound working with another version of multibeast. As the newer Multibeast is not exactly presented the same way, i might got wrong with the audio kexts and several other stuff...

macromaster said:
thanks to this package:
http://www.kexts.com/view/837-10.6.6_-1 ... tched.html

i can boot again without safe mode (-x), that means i can access to my USB and HDDs and i have the best performances.

BUT
still no sound, no matter which "Digital Out" i take. anyone has an idea?

1. Which audio kext files did you install?
2. Are you using a DSDT from the forum database?

I have the same board & I use only the ACL8xxx.kext in E/E and the 10.6.2 rollback in S/L/E installed with MultiBeast.
If you are not using a DSDT you need to add the HDAEnabler kext file from the enablers folder under audio kexts in MultiBeast.

macromaster said:
i've installed a dsdt
i've installed these kexts:
http://www.kexts.com/view/837-10.6.6_-1 ... tched.html

could you send me your kexts please? [email protected]
delete any kext files you have installed. Download MultiBeast ( Public/MultiBeast.zip) and run it with these boxes checked:MB Audio Kext.png

MultiBeast will automatically replace the AppleHDA.kext file in S/L/E with the 10.6.2 rollback AppleHDA.kext file, so you on't have to worry about that one.

Attachments

• MB Audio Kext.png
    MB Audio Kext.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 206
thank you so much

thanks to you, my Snow Leopard installation is complete= (where is the exclamation mark?)

now, the only things i have to install is Ubuntu, Windows XP and 98 (uselesse but funny), Chrome OS (curiousity)

and for SL, something that allows me to write on NTFS drives...

if you have any ideas on this last one...

again, thank you so much=

macromaster said:
thank you so much

thanks to you, my Snow Leopard installation is complete= (where is the exclamation mark?)

now, the only things i have to install is Ubuntu, Windows XP and 98 (uselesse but funny), Chrome OS (curiousity)

Paragon ( http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ ) for one.
There is another, I think it's NTFS3G or something like that, and there is another that was mentioned in one of the dual boot threads here on the forum, but I can't remember what it was.
Personally, I don't use them due to a bad experience with corrupted files using one before. I prefer to use a FAT32 formatted swap drive to share between the systems.

Going Bald said:
macromaster said:
thank you so much

Paragon ( http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ ) for one.
There is another, I think it's NTFS3G or something like that, and there is another that was mentioned in one of the dual boot threads here on the forum, but I can't remember what it was.
Personally, I don't use them due to a bad experience with corrupted files using one before. I prefer to use a FAT32 formatted swap drive to share between the systems.

I have noticed some very strange things happening with Paragon NTFS for OSX. Folders I create on NFTS drives suddenly get renamed, files I move there have their names changed from what I named them, files cannot be deleted from NTFS drives and other funny things.

Removing Paragon and replacing with Macfuse fixes everything immediately. Macfuse is much slower but I'll deal with the slowness and know my data is intact. Soon I will convert all my old NTFS drives to HFS+ but that's going to be a time consuming task.

I'd caution anyone using Paragon, you may think all is rosy but a few weeks down the line you may notice things are seriously messed up.

mitchellk said:
I have noticed some very strange things happening with Paragon NTFS for OSX. Folders I create on NFTS drives suddenly get renamed, files I move there have their names changed from what I named them, files cannot be deleted from NTFS drives and other funny things.
Like I said, bad experience with cross platform apps. It is why I won't use them.
I don't know about Paragon performance - never used it.
MacFuse on the other hand, if you try to uninstall it - you can't get rid of it. You think it is gone and every time you boot up you get a bunch or error messages - can't find this or that file. I did the trial version of it and had to restore from a previous backup to get rid of it.

I see. Maybe should i reformat my data HDD to FAT32 as you do.

what are the advantages and inconveniants of NTFS and FAT32?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back