Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

My hack works pretty flawlessly except for one VERY annoying thing. Almost at random, the network will just stop working. It still shows a valid IP address and everything "looks" normal. I've tried changing the iP or changing ti to DHCP, but the only fix is to reboot and then everything works fine. I've tried the Lynx2Max driver and the driver in multibeast and both exhibit the same problem. I would be infinitely grateful if someone can help me fix this problem! Here are my system specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600K 3.40 GHz Quad-Core Unlocked Processor
16GB GB DDR3 Ram
NVideo GeForce GTX 580

Thanks!

Bobby

Have a very similar set up and the same problem. I found that if I went into Network preferences and renewed the DHCP Lease, it would connect again. But of course, this is not a fix. Maybe I'll have to concoct an AppleScript to automatically renew the DHCP Lease until we find a solution.

If you want, we can compare our network settings. I'm not a networking expert, but with no solutions being offered (gone thru the forum—more folks that us are having this problem), perhaps comparisons will uncover some possibilities for why our network connections are dropping.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 MB
Intel i7-2600K 3.40 GHz
16GB 1866MHz RAM
Gigabyte HD6870

I have the same problem here. I use a GA-Z77X-UD5H board and a TPLINK WDN4800 wifi card, and on both wired and wireless I get this problem. It's very annoying! I found that repairing the permissions fixes the problem, but after some reboots the problem returns.

I found that repairing the permissions fixes the problem....

Hmmm—wonder if something is damaging permissions and, as a side effect, screwing up the reliability of the network connection. Other posts suggest that turning off Wake On LAN might help; have you tried that? I have not but will and will post the results.

Nope, turning off "Wake on LAN" makes no dif. So, I installed a TP-LINK | TL-WDN4800 R.

Wireless signal started out being very strong and connection seemed faster than with LAN; then same thing...network just quits.

FYI, my MacBook wireless works fine when the TP-LINK is stuck, so it's not my internet service or router.

Did anybody ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. It's as if the network card goes to sleep or something. I can get it back instantly by turning WiFi off and back on again, but I can also get it going again just by hitting "assist me" and then "diagnostics" in the network preferences and it immediately comes back. When I do that, there's a moment where the light on ISP is yellow, and then it turns green and everything works again. Would love to figure this out.

Hi folks - got the same problem with the mobo - any suggestions ?

Thanks

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Motherboard
Intel i7-2600K 3.40 GHz Quad-Core Unlocked Processor
12GB GB DDR3 Ram
OS 10.8.2
NVidia GeForce GTX 460

My solution sadly was to buy a mac mini. I wrote an applescript to ping google and if it doesn't get a response, it shuts down my vpn and if that still doesn't work, it reboots the hack. mine runs headless and I haven't had time or patience to try and figure out the cause, but it seemed there might be a couple of issues. Wish i could tell if its the gigabyte hardware or just OS X not happy on the hardware. At this rate, my first and last hackintosh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back