Graphics
PNY GeForce 9500 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Gigabyte P55-USB3 Rev 2.0 BIOS F8. I followed the iBoot + Multibeast install with the retail snow leopard DVD.
The first time, I used easybeast, and after adding the Realtek 1000 kext in Multibeast (3.1.0) network worked fine. However, I couldn't get it to quit corrupting the CMOS, so I re-did the install and chose to use user dsdt with the DSDT from Tony's database. Now everything works great (including audio) except for the network. I used Multibeast and installed the Realtek R1000 kext, still no network. I downloaded the latest Realtek R1000SL kext from kext.com and still don't have any network. Does this mean the DSDT needs to be fixed so that network will work? How can I get the network working?

--Here's an update after a little more experimentation:
1. If I use easybeast I can't get audio working, but I did get networking working the first time I tried it (clean install), however, if I just delete /Extra and re-do easybeast (after having done a userdsdt install) neither audio nor networking work.
2. If I accidentally install the Realtek8139 patch (can't remember the exact name, sorry) it causes the problem with the CMOS getting corrupted on every reboot (what I'm saying is that I could do an easybeast install and as long as I don't do the realtek patch it shouldn't have the cmos problem)

YOU sir, are my savior! Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back