HD 220
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I've had this nagging issue thats been driving me insane. I built my hackintosh from one of the older build guides, and its been running amazingly flawlessly until recently. I have the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard, Corei7 2700k, 16GB of Memory, and an SSD as my OS drive. I do not have a GPU installed, as I'm using on-board graphics (headless server mounted in a rack). I have an Intel PCIe PRO/1000PT NIC, which I was using with a Bonded (LACP) interface for months. I'm using the DSDT from this site for this board, and minimal other MultiBeast drivers. I'm on 10.8.4, fully updated as well.

I wanted to repurpose this machine from my desktop (I purchased a legit mac mini) to a server role, and decided a fresh install was in order. I performed all the same steps I had done when I originally built it, and was on my way. The issue I'm now having, is that my Network keeps dropping out. I've tried it Bonded, individual, as well as my on-board LAN, and all have the same issue. After a while, and transferring data, the network stops responding. The interface is still up, it still shows as 'active' and green, with an IP address, but it cannot ping out, and cannot be pinged from other devices on the network. The only way I've found to resolve the issue is to bounce the interface with an ifconfig en0 down, then up command, or reboot the server. Either of these actions will only remedy the situation until the next file transfer (1gb is enough to do it). I'm at a loss as to why this is happening all of the sudden. Could it have something to do with the newer version of multibeast? There are no errors that I've seen in the console when this occurs.

ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! This has been driving me up a wall for a few weeks now. Please let me know if anymore info is necessary and I'll provide whatever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back