Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been browsing the forums and web before i came to post in the forums. I have a gigabyte p67x-ud3-b3 with latest bios. i installed Lnk2Mac Realtek driver, but I keep recieving an invalid 169 ip address while using DHCP. If i set up a static IP, i am still unable to connect to the internet.

On System Profiler, it shows I am using AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext. I have a feeling that is not the correct kext file beacause my board uses Realtek 8111E.
All help is appreciated!! Thank you :headbang:

I decided to manual delete the kext for the ethernet card. i ran multibeast and installed System permissions. After that, I reinstall Lnx2Mac realtek driver and restart my computer. Now it shows that I do not have any ethernet card installed. In Network preferences, it shows Status: Cable Unplugged. I have ran out of ideas :\

Your NIC is probably not supported in v0.0.67+

In that case, try using Realtek's official driver.

Thanks for your response. I installed the official one along with system utilities, and it is using the same kext file that is located in IONetworkingFamily. It is still not recieving an IP from DHCP, but i tried same cable on my laptop running Windows 7, and it works like a charm! I keep receiving 169 ip. I have also tried inputting the IP,SM,DNS,and DG manually, but it still won't access the internet. I am unable to ping to my gateway, but I do receive a response pinging 127.0.0.1. Any ideas??

Which is the best Wireless N card that will work as an Airport card in Snow Leopard out of the box that will also be compatible for Windows and Linux? Either PCI or USB and are not too expensive? Thanks for your help :D

same here, i got everything else runing smoothly except ethernet

damn thats the most crucial thing on a Mac

back to the topic

as far as I know

the driver only supports OS version up to 10.6.7

but you can definitely give some kexts a try @ kexts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back