wdm

Motherboard
Probook 4530s / Probook 4740s
CPU
i5 / i5
Graphics
HD3000 / HD4000
Hi,
My english is not perfect, sorry :oops:.

My config : HP Probook 4530s - bios F.50 Rev. A - 8 gb - dual boot SL/W7 on SSD - HDD 1 To (in place of the optical drive)

Here is my problem.

Each time I boot on the other os (W or osX) I loose my internet connection via Ethernet controler.

To recover the internet connection, I need unplug DC power, remove the battery and erase NVRAM by holding down power button for 30 sec.

As I have noticed that the clock setting was not good when I loose internet connection I have set UTC time in registry in W7, resync the clock and set "time.euro.apple.com" in OsX (as mentionned here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...me-differences-between-os-x-vista-and-ubuntu/ ) but I still have the same problem ! :cry:

Please notice that when the internet conection is lost the network controller is still working fine (Realtek PCIe GBE)

Any help is more than welcome ! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your kind attention.

wdm

Hi,
My english is not perfect, sorry :oops:.

My config : HP Probook 4530s - bios F.50 Rev. A - 8 gb - dual boot SL/W7 on SSD - HDD 1 To (in place of the optical drive)

Here is my problem.

Each time I boot on the other os (W or osX) I loose my internet connection via Ethernet controler.

To recover the internet connection, I need unplug DC power, remove the battery and erase NVRAM by holding down power button for 30 sec.

As I have noticed that the clock setting was not good when I loose internet connection I have set UTC time in registry in W7, resync the clock and set "time.euro.apple.com" in OsX (as mentionned here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...me-differences-between-os-x-vista-and-ubuntu/ ) but I still have the same problem ! :cry:

Please notice that when the internet conection is lost the network controller is still working fine (Realtek PCIe GBE)

Any help is more than welcome ! :rolleyes:

wdm

Google 'Windows registry RealTimeIsUniversal'

Thanks for your answer oh Master RehabMan ;)

I think I have already done what is needed : registry entrie "RealTimeIsUniversal" set to 1.

Do I need to do something more ?

wdm

Thanks for your answer oh Master RehabMan ;)

I think I have already done what is needed : registry entrie "RealTimeIsUniversal" set to 1.

Do I need to do something more ?

wdm

If you're using RealTimeIsUniversal, configure your time server/settings normally.

Finally what I have done was good, it was just necessary to wait until the windows and mac OS clocks synchronize correctly with UTC.
It is just fine !
Anyway thanks for your help !!!
Cheers.
wdm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back