Contribute
Register

Network Connection would collapse, then crash the system; on 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, I haven't seen this problem on a GA-Z87X-UD3H. Is it controller-specific? This board has a an Intel i217V. Anyone else with this controller seeing the problem?[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Perhaps I haven't pushed it hard enough to see it?[/FONT]

"Perhaps I haven't pushed it hard enough to see it?"
Yes, all was working fine here too until I moved a large number of large videos to NAS over network.

For me, these symptoms started when i tried using Migration Assistant to move 450GB of data from my iMac - it never actually hung but would come up with "trying to reestablish network connection". After multiple attempts I ended up taking a Carbon Copy Cloner backup to a USB disk and restored from that.

It was only when I setup Time Machine to my NAS that I got the hangs, shortly after starting the backup.

Had multiple hangs till I found this thread and installed the E100 kext from MB 5.4.3.

So yes, you'll only get the hangs if you start pumping large volumes of traffic thru the NIC.

How exactly do you install the networking kext from 5.4.3?

Do you just run that version of multibeast, select that kext, install it and reboot and you are good to go?

I have tried and had issues with my onboard display being affected.

Do you need to delete any kexts before installing the one from 5.4.3?

AM

Saw that, thanks, worked for me.

AM

a HUGE thanks, this is driving me crazy! Also in my case it brings the whole network down for some reason, and the hack also becomes totally unusable when the network stops working.
I've now followed your instructions, fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back