i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I cloned my working Mojave installation to another drive and then upgraded to Catalina. For some reason, as soon as I access Netflix website in Safari, the system completely hangs. I can move the mouse cursor but nothing else is responsive. I have tried re-installing multiple times but no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

I have EXACTLY the same issue. Identical behavior including able to move the mouse cursor but everything else freezes. As in your case it happens only in Safari and on Catalina. I will try it on my MBPr and Mac Mini to see if they behave the same. If in the meantime you found a fix, it would be appreciated if you would share it.

Actually, I was able to fix the freezing problem by doing the following:

1. Install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in L/E
2. Clover, boot options added shikigva=57 or shikigva=60 (I have tried values 1, 4, 8, 16 and all still ended up with the system freeze when accessing Netflix in Safari)
3. Clover, under Graphics selected InjectATI and Orinoco as framebuffer.
4. Accessing Neflix site now works, however, play does not work due to DRM issue. At least system does not freeze any more - that was really annoying

My gut feeling is that the SMBIOS definition is critical to be in line with the hardware used. In my case, I am using a Xeon E3-1230 V2 CPU with a MacPro 6,1 definition which most likely is the reason why I cannot play Netflix and purchased videos in iTunes.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I am using iMacPro1,1 profile. I was able to overcome the freeze issue by trying other SMBIOS like iMac18,1, iMac18,3, etc. But I wanted to completely fix the issue so I just upgraded the card and now DRM is working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back