Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
setup: 2x Xeon Sandy Bridge + RX570 video card. No iGPU present in my setup as the CPU is a server chip.
---------------
I tried loading the home pages for Netflix and Amazon Prime video on my MacPro6.1 hackintosh running Safari+Mojave 10.14.5 and all I get is a message that says "The page was reloaded because of a problem". I haven't even tried playing a video. I am just viewing the homepage.

I tried the same on my MBP2017 running the same macOS version and no problems at all.

On both the hackintosh and MBP, I didn't install any Safari extensions.

I had a look at console and not sure what to look for.

Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks

edit1: Additional info

• Using Chrome and Firefox, I can browse the Netflix and Prime Video sites. And I can also watch videos.
  • I'm also loading AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen
  • Graphics is fully functional it seems as I've played games via Steam (examples: Shadow of Mordor (a 3D game), Civilization 6 and others)
  • Monitor is connected to the RX570 via DisplayPort.
edit2: Additional tests

Changing the Safari User Agent to something else (I've tried Chrome Mac/Windows and Firefox Mac/Windows) allowed me to view Netflix homepage. I can browse for titles to watch. But in all cases, trying to watch a video resulted in the same error above.

Last edited:
@mrjayviper,

Sounds like a DRM issue, have a look at this section of the WEG guide :-

Trying using the methods in that guide to force the "Shiki" module in WEG to use a hardware render for DRM with the "shikigva=1" boot argument and force MacOS to use AMD GPU as the DRM decoder with :-

Code:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceATI -boolean yes

No guarantees that it will work but it is what i would try first.

fixing DRM issues can be difficult ..

Cheers
Jay

setup: 2x Xeon Sandy Bridge + RX570 video card. No iGPU present in my setup as the CPU is a server chip.
---------------
I tried loading the home pages for Netflix and Amazon Prime video on my MacPro6.1 hackintosh running Safari+Mojave 10.14.5 and all I get is a message that says "The page was reloaded because of a problem". I haven't even tried playing a video. I am just viewing the homepage.

I tried the same on my MBP2017 running the same macOS version and no problems at all.

On both the hackintosh and MBP, I didn't install any Safari extensions.

I had a look at console and not sure what to look for.

Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks

edit1: Additional info

• Using Chrome and Firefox, I can browse the Netflix and Prime Video sites. And I can also watch videos.
  • I'm also loading AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen
  • Graphics is fully functional it seems as I've played games via Steam (examples: Shadow of Mordor (a 3D game), Civilization 6 and others)
  • Monitor is connected to the RX570 via DisplayPort.
edit2: Additional tests

Changing the Safari User Agent to something else (I've tried Chrome Mac/Windows and Firefox Mac/Windows) allowed me to view Netflix homepage. I can browse for titles to watch. But in all cases, trying to watch a video resulted in the same error above.

You can try it with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone stumbles across it...

I'm having the same problem after updating from High Sierra to Mojave 10.14.6. However, I have found that both Microsoft Edge and Firefox work for Netflix, and MS Edge is the best because it allows Full HD video playback. Firefox does not. In Safari I get an error when trying to play video, and in Chrome Netflix just logs me out when I even try to go to a user profile.

For Amazon, Chrome still works best and looks best for me. Hulu is pretty much anything EXCEPT Safari, which crashes the whole computer for me. So three different browsers worked for me.

Definitely seems to be a DRM issue, which there is so far only a workaround with Whatevergreen (mentioned above) and an AMD GPU instead of IGPU.

While on the subject of streaming, Kodi now logs me out of MacOS when I try to toggle back from full screen. This seems to be related to how Kodi handles the full screen window switching in MacOS...even though there was never a problem before. Using the green dot at the top of the window seems to make everything even worse. The only fix I've found so far is force quitting Kodi and not exiting full screen once you are there.

i've already tested specifically for this issue. The solution is on Big Sur, is to disable ATI Inject and change SMBIOS to something more suitable. I have coffee lake and my SMBIOS was advised iMac 19,2 but i've picked 2 steps above for MacPro 1,1. Also although in boot it shows that it doesn't have ATI Inject enabled, you need to load the config file through clover to ensure that ATI Inject disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back