RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It should be noted that those who are using iMacPro1,1 system definition do not need the "shikigva=16" boot argument. Apple TV, Amazon on Safari, Netflix on Safari, etc should all work just as it always has.
Using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and after updating Lilu and WEG (without the shikigva=16 boot flag), Netflix on Safari still doesn't work for me. I do see images in the thumbnail pop-ups as I drag thru the Netflix progress bar, but the main window stays black.

Using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and after updating Lilu and WEG (without the shikigva=16 boot flag), Netflix on Safari still doesn't work for me. I do see images in the thumbnail pop-ups as I drag thru the Netflix progress bar, but the main window stays black.

Please post your EFI. Please post a screenshot of what you have installed in /Library/Extensions/.

Also, is your IGPU enabled?

Please post your EFI. Please post a screenshot of what you have installed in /Library/Extensions/.

Also, is your IGPU enabled?
IGPU is disabled. Config.plist and screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.17.16 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.17.16 AM.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 77
IGPU is disabled. Config.plist and screenshot attached.

Your config.plist looks fine. Just enable PluginType:
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.33.41 AM.png

I don't know if your problem is a 5700 XT issue. There's still a lot about that GPU that I don't know about.

Yeah, I agree it could be a 5700XT thing. I don't know if it's related, but I notice that I can't play purchased movies and TV shows (purchased a few years ago, through iTunes) in Catalina's new TV.app, either... that app just crashes when I try to play them. But Apple DRM is, luckily, a minor issue for me. I do know that when I recently switched from an NVIDIA GeForce 1080 to the AMD Radeon, suddenly Airplay to my AppleTV became possible, which it never was before. So I'm definitely happy with that.

Yeah, I agree it could be a 5700XT thing. I don't know if it's related, but I notice that I can't play purchased movies and TV shows (purchased a few years ago, through iTunes) in Catalina's new TV.app, either... that app just crashes when I try to play them. But Apple DRM is, luckily, a minor issue for me. I do know that when I recently switched from an NVIDIA GeForce 1080 to the AMD Radeon, suddenly Airplay to my AppleTV became possible, which it never was before. So I'm definitely happy with that.

I don't have any problems with videos that I purchased through iTunes. I can stream them in the Apple TV app or download them.

Yes, AirPlay works fine on iMacPro1,1. This disproves the old theory that it's dependent on Intel Quick Sync because I have IGPU disabled.

The 5700 (XT) drivers are still a bit immature and I think that your issue will be resolved with future macOS updates.

I don't have any problems with videos that I purchased through iTunes. I can stream them in the Apple TV app or download them.

Yes, AirPlay works fine on iMacPro1,1. This disproves the old theory that it's dependent on Intel Quick Sync because I have IGPU disabled.

The 5700 (XT) drivers are still a bit immature and I think that your issue will be resolved with future macOS updates.
BTW, that PluginType checkbox you recommended I fix in config.plist: as I understand from another of your posts here, that's for CPU Power Management or something? I'm monitoring CPU frequency with iStats Menu and Intel Power Gadget... since I enabled the PluginType checkbox it seems I'm seeing higher average frequencies (closer to 4.5 GHz more often) than I did before.. is that the effect of the PluginType checkbox?

BTW, that PluginType checkbox you recommended I fix in config.plist: as I understand from another of your posts here, that's for CPU Power Management or something? I'm monitoring CPU frequency with iStats Menu and Intel Power Gadget... since I enabled the PluginType checkbox it seems I'm seeing higher average frequencies (closer to 4.5 GHz more often) than I did before.. is that the effect of the PluginType checkbox?

Enabling PluginType should give you proper CPU power management. This means the system should be able to use all the P-states of your CPU.

Enabling PluginType should give you proper CPU power management. This means the system should be able to use all the P-states of your CPU.
LOL OK, that's going 'way over my head. This is a screenshot from Power Gadget, I guess if it looks good to you that's good for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.49.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.49.29 AM.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 61
LOL OK, that's going 'way over my head. This is a screenshot from Power Gadget, I guess if it looks good to you that's good for me.

The easiest way to check is by using IORegistryExplorer.
  1. Launch IORegistryExplorer.
  2. Search for "X86PlatformPlugin".
  3. Expand and look at "CPUPStates".

Here's mine:
Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 7.25.49 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back