Contribute
Register

Netflix fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I'm new here but I too have been trying to find a fix for this for AGES. I do not know much about OS X, but what file am I supposed to add this to? I went into /Extras and there are absolutely no files there... :eek: Any help? XD

OK! I've made some discoveries. Inside your /Extra folder, there is the com.apple.Boot.plist file, and you are supposed to have the following lines:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

But it still wasn't working for me. It turns out, other entries in the file can keep this from working. In my case, I had entered my Graphics string so that the boot-up logo would be at a higher resolution. THIS was my problem. Once I deleted the entry, Netflix worked fine. So if you're using that long EFI string, try dumping it. I even kept the following line and the higher resolution still worked:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x1200x32</string>

So again, trying simplifying your Boot.plist file, or reinstall it with Multibeast. The following is my exact Boot.plist. Good luck!

------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x1200x32</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Boxee and Silverlight/Netflix work great for me..

I have the fix in this post (it is default in Gigabeast) and everything works great.

Now if it only worked in UBUNTU so I could use that for my HTPC instead of Lamedows...Silverlight :banghead:

Now there is Moonlight, but no DRM!

I went with AMD board/chip to keep it cheapo, but maybe a core i3 plus P55UD4 would have bee better...Twice as much though, as already had DDR2 ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back