Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, I found your lovely forums whilst trying to find out if the two net tops I am looking at are osx compatible. Since I haven't found any definitive answers, I thought I'd take the plunge and register as I'm sure I'll utilise the resources on this site when I get the hackintosh up and running anyway! :)

Right, here's the situation. Myself and my wife both have Macbook Pros, and my daughters have iMacs each plus 1 Macbook White.

I'd like to set up a cheap and cheerful OSX server so that all computers can utilise my 2TB NAS and stream from it, as well as handle things like email delivery etc. Since this box would literally be set up and forgotten about, I don't want to drop £££'s on a Macmini so I started looking into Net Tops and found these two that I'm interested in but do not know if the hardware will take OSX and thus why I'm here - to ask you fantastically knowledgible people before I drop £200 on a system that may not do what I want it to!

Lenova
Intel Atom D2700 2.13GHz
2GB RAM
320GB HDD
No Optical Drive
AMD Radeon 6450
Wifi

or the
Acer
Intel Atom Dual Core D525B 1.8GHz
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
No Optical Drive
NVIDIA ION 2
HDMI Port

Obviously, the Acer is better spec'd but from my reading, it looked like ION2 has issues on OSX? I don't know.. Other than installing hackintosh onto an old MSI Wind, I've always had native hardware so I hope I haven't rambled too much and look forward to any help you might be able to provide.

Thank you in advance!

Oh, right... I read that too, but thought a work around had been found...

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back