Contribute
Register

neilhart's Slow Roll G5 Power Mac - System on Slides

Status
Not open for further replies.
] It is part of the "done my way" concept.

I can respect that concept a lot. Their are so many little bits of brilliance in all the builders here that it is hard not to gather some of the ideas and incorporate them into future builds.

I have to remember the idea of a totally isolated subframe for whatever I build next. Inevitably it will involve a case that is pet dander-proof and easy to maintain, and framed in V-slot rails of course. With no end of rack rails at the office that are destined for the recycler, now I can see a use for a couple of them.

If I had anything to suggest at all, it might be the simplest latch system of all... One or two large rare earth magnets that couple to each other or to a steel plate when slid closed.

If I had anything to suggest at all, it might be the simplest latch system of all... One or two large rare earth magnets that couple to each other or to a steel plate when slid closed.

A positive latch is in the works. I ruled out magnets mainly because of the weight of the drawer assembly. I got distracted by another project that I had bottled up in my head but will get the latch working soon and share the details.

Good modding,
neil

Picture come through for me, and the link works, too. :thumbup:

Neil,

Where did you get those 4x Serial connectors and the wires to make those Sata power connector for your SSD cage? I'm about to build a cage identical to that and love how you got your Sata power cables so nice and tight and just the right length. I'm guessing they clip and and make contact with the data cables, easy to install? Thanks!

A positive latch is in the works. I ruled out magnets mainly because of the weight of the drawer assembly. I got distracted by another project that I had bottled up in my head but will get the latch working soon and share the details.

Good modding,
neil

I was thinking some old hard drive magnets.
You would have to pull on the shelf to get them loss.
Bolt them to the bottom just needed to keep drawer from sliding out.
Just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back