Contribute
Register

Need Wireless AC advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remove the EHC1 to EH01 my mouse and keyboard do not work, but I can use the USB 3 adapter I have to connect them.

I agree it does need to be professionally inspected for flaws.

Having those Renames are having no affects. EH01, EH02 has nothing connected. Which is incorrect. UHC2 has devices connected to it same with UHC1. Configuration is not correct.

Personally UHC1, UHC2 should be EH01, EH02. Your DSDT is incorrect. Needs to be re-done.

Having those Renames are having no affects. EH01, EH02 has nothing connected. Which is incorrect. UHC2 has devices connected to it same with UHC1. Configuration is not correct.

Personally UHC1, UHC2 should be EH01, EH02. Your DSDT is incorrect. Needs to be re-done.

I would need a lot of help re-doing the DSDT, macman made it for this board years ago, I am currently only able to use mouse and keyboard if I were set to smbios 14,2 however that breaks everything else with speedstep.

I would like to make my own DSDT so everything is clean and proper, but I don't even know where to begin.

As I am set to the proper smbios for my system 11,3 without the usb patch in place (El capitan and higher) my keyboard and mouse stop working except on the Inateck usb 3.0 pci-e 1x adapter with usb 3.0 header which is how I am actually able to use the system at the moment.

Attachments

• Fallen00Sniper_CLOVER_IOreg.zip
    2 MB · Views: 64
I would need a lot of help re-doing the DSDT, macman made it for this board years ago, I am currently only able to use mouse and keyboard if I were set to smbios 14,2 however that breaks everything else with speedstep.

I would like to make my own DSDT so everything is clean and proper, but I don't even know where to begin.

As I am set to the proper smbios for my system 11,3 without the usb patch in place (El capitan and higher) my keyboard and mouse stop working except on the Inateck usb 3.0 pci-e 1x adapter with usb 3.0 header which is how I am actually able to use the system at the moment.

You have a Gamepad F310 which is a USB Device under a UHC5 Port which should be coming under either EHC1 or EHC2. You have most devices connected via USB 3 Controller. EHC1, EHC2 shows nothing connected.

Ive never seen USB Devices come under UHC Ports before. Strange activity.

Last edited:
You have a Gamepad F310 which is a USB Device under a UHC5 Port which should be coming under either EHC1 or EHC2. You have most devices connected via USB 3 Controller. EHC1, EHC2 shows nothing connected.

Those devices are connected on USB 1.1/2 ports soooo... no wonder this has been such difficult a hackintosh.

Those devices are connected on USB 1.1/2 ports soooo... no wonder this has been such difficult a hackintosh.

If its USB1.1 then I have no idea. Must be really old hardware to have USB1.1. Ive never had experience with Hardware that old. Maybe its about time to upgrade to something newer.

If its USB1.1 then I have no idea. Must be really old hardware to have USB1.1. Ive never had experience with Hardware that old. Maybe its about time to upgrade to something newer.

can't afford upgrading, it's not dead yet so i'll keep using it until i'm not broke lol

it may be on USB 2, not really sure what the ports are, but they report usb 2.0.

here are the specs
http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-P55A-UD3-rev-10#sp

@VioletDragon
I'm sure it can't be much different, maybe different names for the USB ports and if you could direct me to a place of learning dsdt edits I'd probably figure it out.

I just need a better understanding of the coding that is being used, naming conventions etc.

Maybe even info on how to read what clover patches at boot so I can get a head start if any.

ok did some research and MacMan made a script to rename the usb with MaciASL, I changed the names for the usb ports to what I think you were telling me they should be.

Does this DSDT make more sense and appear to be in better order?
Do you see any issues with it that would prevent usability at boot?

I'm just going to try it and see what happens... computer did not explode, so that's a good sign.
I am getting a lot of pinwheels, cpu seems to be pinned to 1.2GHz so I broke speedstep and I can fix that with the code TonyMacx86 posted, so maybe I should test handoff, posting ioReg.

edited the dsdt from the database to reflect the changes, that dsdt seems to perform a lot better, but still no handoff with either one.

the bluetooth does show as apple though.

@VioletDragon can you post your config files / DSDT / kexts, maybe I am just missing something simple and what you have might make an idea come to mind, maybe even will help.

Attachments

• PATCHED.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Fallen00Sniper_iMac.zip
    766.1 KB · Views: 64
  • bt_usb_grab.png
    bt_usb_grab.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
ok did some research and MacMan made a script to rename the usb with MaciASL, I changed the names for the usb ports to what I think you were telling me they should be.

Does this DSDT make more sense and appear to be in better order?
Do you see any issues with it that would prevent usability at boot?

I'm just going to try it and see what happens... computer did not explode, so that's a good sign.
I am getting a lot of pinwheels, cpu seems to be pinned to 1.2GHz so I broke speedstep and I can fix that with the code TonyMacx86 posted, so maybe I should test handoff, posting ioReg.

edited the dsdt from the database to reflect the changes, that dsdt seems to perform a lot better, but still no handoff with either one.

the bluetooth does show as apple though.

@VioletDragon can you post your config files / DSDT / kexts, maybe I am just missing something simple and what you have might make an idea come to mind, maybe even will help.

Well the DSDT makes no sense. You have renamed UHC Ports to EH Ports. Something I wouldn't do.

Well the DSDT makes no sense. You have renamed UHC Ports to EH Ports. Something I wouldn't do.

It seemed to make sense at the time, what would you have done instead and why wouldn't you have?

If they aren't named EH0x I have no USB at all, the onboard USB 3 doesn't work because they aren't intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back