Contribute
Register

Need to update my ROCK-SOLID M.L. Hackintosh to a newer OSX - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
srcurtis: I just found my entire folder from my 1st Hackintosh build so it should all be there! I see the DSDT file! Its call DSDT.aml

I understand that there may be advantages to using Clover (as it was strongly recommenced) but it seems to be over my head. I am trying to install El Capitan over my previous installation of Mountain Lion. I successfully setup my USB with what appeared to be the appropriate Unibeast and Multibeast for El Capitan but when I restart and choose the USB drive to boot from I get the error "can't find mach_kernel" and can't figure out why or where to go from here. I read as many articles as I could find relating to this issue but could not find a solution that I could fully understand so I am now stuck. Can anyone suggest a solution given my situation that a noob can understand. We all have to start somewhere :)

So are you saying you booted from the Unibeast stick, installed OS X El Capitan over the top of Mountain Lion, then rebooted; but when you rebooted and chose the Unibeast stick, you got the "can't find mach_kernel" error? Just trying to clarify where you are.

Sorry if my info was not clear. Here is what I have: I successfully built a Hackintosh to run Mountain Lion 4 years ago. It has run perfectly and has been a real workhorse for me. I now desire to update it to run El Capitan. I created a USB thumb-drive following the Tonymac guide for doing so (using Unibeast and Multibeast for El Capitan) but now when I move on to the next step (Shut down and restart/boot from the USB drive) I get the error "can't find mach_kernel".

Sorry if my info was not clear. Here is what I have: I successfully built a Hackintosh to run Mountain Lion 4 years ago. It has run perfectly and has been a real workhorse for me. I now desire to update it to run El Capitan. I created a USB thumb-drive following the Tonymac guide for doing so (using Unibeast and Multibeast for El Capitan) but now when I move on to the next step (Shut down and restart/boot from the USB drive) I get the error "can't find mach_kernel".

i'm in the same boat... i've been running a super stable build using the may 2013 shopping list with mountain lion. I need to upgrade to run the latest version of office... i'm getting exactly the same message about the mach_kernel. Were you able to resolve this???

i'm in the same boat... i've been running a super stable build using the may 2013 shopping list with mountain lion. I need to upgrade to run the latest version of office... i'm getting exactly the same message about the mach_kernel. Were you able to resolve this???

I am by no means a quitter but that is what I finally did. I spent days on this and finally broke down and bought a 12 core Mac Pro. My old Mountian Lion powered Hackintosh is such a beautiful piece of equipment but it will remain a Mountain Lion / Windows 10 machine, which is not bad either. I'm sure that someone better suited to this sort of thing might be able to figure it out but when I read somewhere that my 2011 Gigabyte motherboard might not be compatible with El Capitan I through in the towel. I wish you better success than I had. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back