Contribute
Register

Need to update my ROCK-SOLID M.L. Hackintosh to a newer OSX - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you create the new install USB disk using Unibeast, you can manually copy this small file onto that disk, for use during your post-install.
I should say first that I am no expert, but I believe the DSDT file basically tells OSX the specifics about your motherboard. Since the motherboard didn't change, neither does that file.

Even though I managed to pull this off once it was a while back and I am not sure exactly what I am looking for. In my Extras folder I have the org.chameleon.bot.plist and also a file called smbios.plist (?)

My last 2 reply post just vanished. How strange. Anyway, My Extra folder has 2 files in it: "org chameleon bot plist" and "smbios plist". Is it one of these? Sorry, I am very new to all of this and it was many years ago when I did this the one and only time before.

May I ask, what made you opt for Mavericks as opposed to El Capt? I am currently running Mavericks but am dealing with some freezing issues. I am re-cloning from a backup which will hopefully solve the issue, but I have an El Capt install disk ready to go if it doesn't work out. Did you find something in your research that made you think twice about El Capt?

Hmm.. It has been a while since I used ML... Let me see if I can find your file...

I didn't know that El Capitan was an option for Hackintosh. I am happy to try it and it may be easier to get a copy of since Apple no longer provides Maverick on the App store. I assume that I can get a proper download in the format of a suitable file in El Capitan (?) By the way; thanks so much for your help ths far. I'm sure that bits and pieces of this will come back to me as I get back into it but its all very foggy at the moment :)

I found my original Hackintosh folder so I should be in good shape now. Thanks again.

Last edited:
=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back