Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm not sure how I've managed to do this. The whole PC was just fine, now everytime I start the mac os (except returning from sleep), I need to boot into lion setup and repair permissions there, and then log into mac os. Next time I want to boot Mac os I need to repair permissions again. Otherwise it just hangs at the grey logo screen.

Here's the -v mode screenshot.

JRTQ5.jpg

I tried removing nvclockx kext, but no luck. It just hangs randomly without any error on the screen.

Any help is appreciated.

edit: I'm running 10.7.4

archvile said:
I'm not sure how I've managed to do this. The whole PC was just fine, now everytime I start the mac os (except returning from sleep), I need to boot into lion setup and repair permissions there, and then log into mac os. Next time I want to boot Mac os I need to repair permissions again. Otherwise it just hangs at the grey logo screen.

Here's the -v mode screenshot.

I tried removing nvclockx kext, but no luck. It just hangs randomly without any error on the screen.

Any help is appreciated.

edit: I'm running 10.7.4
What do you mean "i tried removing"? Have you removed the kext or not?

yes, i did remove it.

archvile said:
yes, i did remove it.
ok, than try to boot and on the chimera bootscreen select "Ignore Caches", and when you can get to your desktop than run Kext Wizard -> viewforum.php?f=278 and rebuild kextcaches and repair permissions.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-18 um 06.47.35.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-18 um 06.47.35.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 212
If i choose to ignore caches, i can't boot. I get this:

easRH.jpg

Then try to boot up your OSX HD using rBoot or the UniBeast Stick. At the Chimera bootscreen select your OSX HD(like you did after a fresh installation). If that don't work, try again with Ignore Caches. When you can to your Desktop, do the Steps i mentioned above. And make sure you havn't any kext installed in /Extra/Extensions before running Kext Wizard

karacho said:
Then try to boot up your OSX HD using rBoot or the UniBeast Stick. At the Chimera bootscreen select your OSX HD(like you did after a fresh installation). If that don't work, try again with Ignore Caches. When you can to your Desktop, do the Steps i mentioned above. And make sure you havn't any kext installed in /Extra/Extensions before running Kext Wizard

I ran kext wizard, didn't work. And I don't even have Extensions folder inside the Extra folder.

archvile said:
I ran kext wizard, didn't work. And I don't even have Extensions folder inside the Extra folder.
That's strange mate. Have you done something with your DSDT (to get HDMI Audio)? Or installed any kext (for example AppleHDA, VoodooHDA....) in the past days? I suggest delete ALL installed FakeSMC Plugins, not just NVClockX. Search for ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kext, NuvotonNCT677x.kext and RadeonX.kext in /S/L/E. Run Kext Wizard again after that.

karacho said:
archvile said:
That's strange mate. Have you done something with your DSDT (to get HDMI Audio)? Or installed any kext (for example AppleHDA, VoodooHDA....) in the past days? I suggest delete ALL installed FakeSMC Plugins, not just NVClockX. Search for ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kext, NuvotonNCT677x.kext and RadeonX.kext in /S/L/E. Run Kext Wizard again after that.

I don't use dsdt, the dsdt from the dsdt database of tony is not working for me. And I'm kinda too lazy to generate one because I was doing just fine without a dsdt.

And I deleted all the kexts you wrote, but still not booting up =/

It was only like a month ago I reinstalled a new Lion, and spent hours customizing and installing new programs. I really don't want to do all of those again =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back