Contribute
Register

Need to choose a graphics card for my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z370-A II
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A GTX 760 would be a solid choice and be compatible.

Looks like an excellent deal on that model. Just measure the amount of room in your
pc case first to make sure it will fit. A very long card with 3 fans. The dimensions that
Amazon lists are way off. It's a little over 11 inches long.

Sorry for bumping this thread. I just barely missed the sale on the GTX 760 :banghead: and I am thinking about getting the EVGA GT 740. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KJGYS4Y/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

I would think this would work just fine in my build, but there's one thing i'm concerned about. Is it OK to use an EVGA brand graphics card on my Gigabyte motherboard? Or should I wait for another sale on the 760? Or would it be worth 270$ to buy the 760 right now?

I would think this would work just fine in my build, but there's one thing i'm concerned about. Is it OK to use an EVGA brand graphics card on my Gigabyte motherboard? Or should I wait for another sale on the 760? Or would it be worth 270$ to buy the 760 right now?

You can use any brand PCIe GPU on any brand mainboard - manufacturer makes no difference as they have to meet the specs from either AMD or nVidia - whichever type you prefer - and they will work on all boards with the correct PCIe socket and BIOS settings.

It's not supported out of the box like a 760, but if you're looking at the 760 for $270 I'd seriously consider a 970 for around $330. You'd need to use the nvidia web drivers so it depends how bad you want native compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back