Contribute
Register

Need Tips. Asus Z87-A Trouble getting to the install screen. Reboot after Kexts load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z87-A Win7/ML
CPU
Graphics
EVGA GTX660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FIXED! Asus Z87-A Trouble getting to the install screen. Reboot after Kexts load.

I've decided to give a go at installing ML 10.8.5 on my Haswell rig.

Mobo is Asus Z87-A

What I've done and where I'm at.
- Just downloaded ML again yesterday from the App store and successfully built USB with Unibeast.
- Stripped everything out of my box and running the On board GPU on the DVI port.
- Only thing plugged in are the install USB and a 200GB SATA drive (for testing) On Sata port 1
- I should note that I built the USB without the USB Legacy option as it didn't seem to apply.

I start the install with -v and watch the pages fly by. Just when it try's to start, the computer reboots.
It happens so fast I can't see whats happened. Too fast to get a screen shot.

I've followed the new guide to the letter but really could use some pointers. Maybe There are settings in the bios i'm overlooking. I've tried -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No all with the same result. Tried different Usb ports again with the same result. It's like the computer reboots just when it should be starting the OS and proceeding to install.

Out of frustration I'm rebuilding the unibeast USB with the usb Legacy option clicked to see if that makes a difference. About to try it now.

My Desktop rocks in Win7 with the Sandisk SSD and I like my Macbook Pro too much. Really hoping to get ML on the desktop box.

Thank you in advance for your input.

UPDATE!!!: Upgraded to latest Bios and the install went smooth as glass. :D

Now the "small" stuff. Getting it to boot on it's own without the need for the USB
My Realtek8111GR Network adapter doesn't appear to be supported.
From what i'm reading, my M audio Pci card will not work in this rig? Can someone confirm this?

Happy it's up and running though :)

I've decided to give a go at installing ML 10.8.5 on my Haswell rig.

Mobo is Asus Z87-A

UPDATE!!!: Upgraded to latest Bios and the install went smooth as glass. :D

Now the "small" stuff. Getting it to boot on it's own without the need for the USB
My Realtek8111GR Network adapter doesn't appear to be supported.
From what i'm reading, my M audio Pci card will not work in this rig? Can someone confirm this?

Happy it's up and running though :)

See these posts for a working LAN Kext:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...asus-z87-realtek-8111-gr-lan-not-working.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back