Graphics
HD4000/Nvidia660m-hybrid
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got a really sweat deal on a lenovo Y80 I had a Y570 so at the price I got it for decided to do the small upgrade it has a 1080p screen mostly why I did the upgrade and cpu is a bit better but was wondering I am using the person who has the same exact laptops files (DSDT, extra's, etc but cannot get sound to work at all I looked laptop up and its alc269 but cannot get it working unless I use voodoo can anyone send me a patched kext or a real driver for this laptop to enable sound? My Y570 had alc272 and was able to find the actual driver package and it worked great pls help everything is running like a dream but sound and need it for my DAW

I got a really sweat deal on a lenovo Y80 I had a Y570 so at the price I got it for decided to do the small upgrade it has a 1080p screen mostly why I did the upgrade and cpu is a bit better but was wondering I am using the person who has the same exact laptops files (DSDT, extra's, etc but cannot get sound to work at all I looked laptop up and its alc269 but cannot get it working unless I use voodoo can anyone send me a patched kext or a real driver for this laptop to enable sound? My Y570 had alc272 and was able to find the actual driver package and it worked great pls help everything is running like a dream but sound and need it for my DAW

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

this getting weirder i used jeeser123 kexts and his dsdt as I have exact same y580 as his now when I am done installing sound works perfect but when I did the update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.4 it broke sound and cannot get it back on again i reinstalled the other kexts fine but for some odd reason not getting sound to work on reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back