ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.

For some reason I'm running along a huge snag in trying to get this all working.

So I follow the guide at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

I've gotten to the step where I've applied and partitioned the USB drive information on my brand new Macbook Pro, in preparation for installing the App Store version of Lion on a SSD on my desktop computer. So now, I have to use Unibeast.

However, whenever I try to run Unibeast 1.1, all it does is unzip. There's no file for me to launch anything from. I even tried moving the .zip file to the Applications folder and launching from there. No matter what, I can't get Unibeast to run. It just extracts the files from the zip. I can't even go on to the next step because of this.

I even tried redownloading the file several times, and downloading Unibeast 1.0, same issue. When it comes to the unzipped files, there's only .pkg files, a "Distribution" file, and a folder called en.lproj that has a file called background. No DMG file, or anything else that seemly looks like an application.

Is there something I'm missing about Unibeast?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I'm pretty new to OS X.

Just to add because I figured someone might ask:
The computer I'm trying to run Unibeast on is a brand new Macbook Pro running OS X Lion 10.7.3... I know Unibeast isn't supposed to work on some older versions.. but I don't think that's my issue.

hi,have just downed the zip and dclicked and its working ,try downloading again

I just did, again. Not working.

I thought maybe my issue was a zip file extractor that was maybe making things wrong, so I just uninstalled it on the computer. That didn't change anything.

Now when I go to the file, it extracts. It leaves only one file--Unibeast 1.1.0, which looks to be a pkg file. If I try to open it, it just opens Text Edit and leaves a bunch of garbled letters and symbols in it.

At this point I must've downloaded at least fifteen copies of the file, including a few of Unibeast 1.0 (which had the same issue as well..)

(Sorry for the edit!)

i am just double clicking the zip from the download folder and it fires straight into the window on the unibeast site ,so not sure why yours isn't

Thanks for your help, I think I got it now!

Apparently it was just my Macbook Pro being stupid. It kept making the default for the file TextEdit instead of Installer. I should be okay now! I can't believe I spent several hours bashing my head on my desk haha :banghead:

if it all goes smoothly ,you will be ok ,but i suspect your head will be banging again ha ha ,but it is worth it in the end and you will find out what a great os it is ,and how it works which as a mac user never really knew as they always just worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back