Contribute
Register

Need some help with post-install config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX980 Ti
Please help this noob.

My settings are:

Motherboard GA-Z170N-Gaming5
CPU- Intel 6700K
GPU- Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
Ram- 32gb
Storage- Samsung 850 evo 1tb

after i successfully installed the Sierra, i figured i cnt enable the nvidia web driver.
aslo, i could not get the sound and wifi/bluetooth after i ran multibeast.

Any hint on how to troubleshoot that?

Last edited:
FYI on the vNVIDIA stuff. If you set your machine profile to mac pro 6,1 (or 2 imac versions, I think 16,1 and 17,1 but I am not 100% sure) that once you get your video drivers working, your computer will boot to a black screen. The machine is responsive, it just doesn't output signal through the ports for some reason. You could screenshare to it from another computer if needed to try and apply a fix. There is a fix for this if you search through the threads. But I used it a while ago now and I am not sure where exactly to find it.

Also, my biggest hurdle with my Sierra build using your same motherboard and similar processor was the audio. There is a sticky thread at the top of the "Sierra Desktop Support" section on the forums from toleda that will help you a great deal with that. Also, I am not 100% sure that this is in the toleda guide off the top of my head, but there is also a situation with those newer intel processors where you will need to apply a fix in the config.plist to change the name of the audio definition from "HDAS" to "HDEF". Let me know if you need help finding that as well. I will gladly help out as much as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back