Graphics
XFX 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have Asus Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen3. Bios is patched with 3501 Modified bios. While in windows, I extracted DSDT, applied P8 generic (3xxx bios) patch then ALC 889 patch (chip under shiny sticker). One more fix and I was able to compile and get DSDT. Now I have also got myself 8GB Unibeast with Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Bios reset to default, lowered fan speed, stock clocks with stock turbo configuration. Sata set to AHCI and 2nd sata port set as portable (not related). Second Sata controller and Asmedia USB3 controller on just for test.

One twist, I have 7970 but I will be unplugging it until Mutibeast updates with 7970 drivers or 10.8.3 relased. So I will be using onboard HD3000.

Installing should be easy but after install I previously had problems with speedstep and sleep. Which leads me to the questions. If I choose following options in multibeast, will it be enough?

User DSDT (extracted, patched p8+alc889)
ALC889
Intel Network

Remove the 79xx gfx card and install with HD3000 - right. Before you do, if you want native powermanagement, go to http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z68/ and download the BIOS for your board and flash it. Then install. I think you wil find it helps. No more NullCPU, no more speedstepper, no more patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext.

When you finish installing, then extract your DSDT and patch it.

Hd3000 = MacMini

ssdt = stock / OV

get Chameleon Wizard in Boot.plist set SSDT drop for spedstepping

I have downloaded and patched the bios with modified file. As I mentioned earlier I extracted dsdt, patched (p8 generic for 3xxx, recommend for Asus boards with compile errors after using mb specific patch. plus there is no patch for gen3 version of my board. Also alc889 patch) , compiled and saved dsdt.aml

Installed 10.8.2 and choose user dsdt option (with dsdt.aml placed on desktop(.
Finish Install and reboot. Then there is Intel cpu manager error

Added:
So checked my bios options and there is an option to select "Legacy ROM" or "EFI Compitable Mode".
I have had Legacy rom chosen but changed to efi compitable mode.

Error with dsdt.aml and user dsdt install
http://www.imgur.com/7GZNN.jpeg

Trying to boot into safe mode with unibeast
http://www.imgur.com/UOpKk.jpeg

Does that Board have Uefi bios?? If so lose the DSDT.. and run MB with DSDT free

Ok so what I can tell... ( Sorry I use Gigabyte boards but trying to help ) Download the Patched Bios from Link above..
load optimized in Bios. then Change IDE to AHCI
install ML
NO DSDT

with MB 5.1.3 check
DSDT Free
Audio- nonDSDT what ever audio codec you MOBO has or Universal VOODOO ( works good for me on one of my RIGS)
JMICRONS for e-Sata http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_GENEZGEN3/#specifications
USB3.0 - I couldn't find what controller if it is Intel DO NOT use
FakeSMC plugins hardware is a must- Very Nice App to Check SpeedStepping
Might need patched power management if you have Locked MSR's ( try with out first )
SSDT- go with standard for now
System Def- MacMini for hd300 graphis for now...

Install Chameleon Wizard http://code.google.com/p/hackintosh...?name=Chameleon Wizard 4.1.0.app.zip&can=2&q=
Find your Extras Folder in HD
double Click Boot.plist
check SSDTdrop save
you can also change Chimeras theme with this pretty cool

Hoped that Helps

So a recap of what I did.

0. Bios Update
Flashed latest available modified bios (from olarila.com) and flashed it.

1. Preparing DSDT
On Windows 7 I downloaded and installed DSDT Editor. Extracted DSDT, applied Asus P8 generic (bios 3xxx) and alc 889 patches to DSDT. Compiled with four errors. Three were fixed with "Fix it" button/feature, other one was fixed manually. At the end I saved DSDT.aml for use with mac os

2. Installing Mac OS
With Unibeast USB prepared, installed Mac OS onto a partition.

3. First boot
Boot with Unibeast USB, basic setup and I am in OS.

4. Installing MultiBeast options.
Downloaded latest MultiBeast for Mountain Lion. Copied DSDT onto desktop and finished MultiBeast installation with UserDSDT/DSDTFree option.

5. Reboot
Booting with "-v" option and getting stuck at kernel panic (picture above).

So I think I did most of it correctly, but few things bug me.

1. In the bios I get an option to choose between Legacy ROM and EFI Compitable Mode. By default Legacy is selected but I switched to EFI. No effect.

Edit: ^^ Gonna try your advice

Edit2:
SO here are options I selected. Going to go with install and see if it works. Hopefully it does, otherwise I'll check back tomorrow
baQUs.png

l6CqZ.png

YI75G.png

Edit3:
So it's a no go. First two pictures are not verbose boot. The last one is verbose boot using Unibeast USB after installing multibeast
ZZxb1.jpg

yTmv8.jpg

K00tD.jpg

Why can't I boot with Unibeast after using multibeast?

not FakeSMS just Plugins... DSDTfree does that for you

Boot from Unibeast -x -v
Asus seems to have locked MSR
install Patch power management form MB

(Edit)

Delete OG powermangement for S/L/E First

BEFORE YOU REBOOT MAKE SURE FAKESMC.KEXT IS IN S/L/E MB HAS BEEN DELETING FOR SOME REASON...

I know its frustrating .... have perseverance

Try adding this to Boot.Plist in Extras folder

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

or use chameleon wizard

This is much better now.

Fresh OS Install. Then installed MultiBeast with same options as before but with following changes
- Didn't pick FaceCMS because it's already installed by DSDT-Free options
- Picked Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for UEFI boards with locked MSRs

Then without rebooting I deleted S/L/E/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and then installed it with Multibeast again. After reboot I am getting same stepper errors and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext pops up again.

But wait, now I can actually boot into safe mode (-x -v), which I couldn't do before. In safe mode I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and installed patched one with MultiBeast again.

Also added DROPSSDT Yes to bootplist

Also here is my boot.plist http://pastebin.com/rKY4pRQX

P.S. In safemode multiplier seems to be stuck at 16

Edit #1:
And after these steps above I get same error. http://imgur.com/LXHsq Gonna try to make another DSDT since I got newer version of modified bios, plus get no audio in safe mode

Edit #2:
So I actually read FAQ on the website with patched asus bios/rom files. By default my board (Asus Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen3) has locked MSR or whatever it is that aicpupm.kext tries to access. If I flash modified bios (which I did) I shouldn't need patched aicpupm.kext after all. Yet I still get an error. DO I have to install SSDT from multibeast or maybe remove "Generate P-State" option from boot.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back