Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi everybody,

I am new in this wonderful world of the Hackintosh.
Here is my brand new config :
• Intel Core i5 10600K
• Asus TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
• Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 250GB
• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 DIMM 3000 MHz/15

I have tried the Clover install USB Catalina key with Unibeast, but I am stuck at Apple Logo, nothing happened.

I have found an Open Core EFI that fit my motherboard, here : https://github.com/raofeng/ASUS_TUF_Z490_PLUS_WIFI_EFI

With this, I can see the progress bar with the Apple logo, but after that, I have a black screen and I am stuck.
I suppose this is because in this EFI there are some informations about a dedicated graphic card. I am juste using the GPU from the CPU.

So, my knowledge is new in this world, and I feel pretty lost with the plist config file from the EFI folder, it is not easy for me.
If some of you could help me, or share with me some good knowledge to find my way with my config, I would be very grateful :)

Thanks a lot,

Suma

First thing to do is configure your motherboard's BIOS.

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • CSM
  • Set the secure boot config to Other OS
  • Serial/COM Port (not present)
  • VT-d (if enabled you can set DisableIoMapper in OC to Yes)
  • Thunderbolt (not in use)
  • Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX - has no use in macOS)
  • SR-IOV (no use on macOS)
Enable
  • Intel (VMX) Virtualisation Technology (VT-x)
  • Intel SpeedStep
  • Intel Shift Technology
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: UEFI Mode (Other OS under Secure Boot)
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
  • Graphics Configuration > iGPU
Then it would be necessary to edit the config.plist for iGPU use.

From: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-i9-10850k-saphire-radeon-rx590-nitro.308643/

Thank you for your answer !
I have already set the bios as expected, and now I need guidance to set my config.plist file. I could ask in the thread you mentioned.

@trs96 is absolutely correct. But to go into more detail you will need to change:

DeviceProperties -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) -> AAPL,ig-platform-id
From 0300C89B to 07009B3E or 00009B3E
Most likely the one in bold but try both.

You also need to add
framebuffer-patch-enable Data 01000000

and
framebuffer-stolenmem Data 0000300

under DeviceProperties -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

Please Read the Device Properties section of the Comet Lake OpenCore Guide for more detail.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help, but it seems it's not enough to make the changes proposed by you @ctek.
I'm gonna ask in the other thread mentioned by @trs96.

Add the DeviceProperties entries in your config.plist as in post #4. Highlight Add, then click on New Child.
This pic is showing use of PlistEditPro to edit.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Then enter the PciRoot device and AAPL,ig-platform-id then the value exactly as shown

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Then add the framebuffer patch etc.

I have tried but the result is the same, a long list of command (no Apple logo) and then black screen...
That is very strange, since I am not even able to install Windows 10 on this system : windows couldn't prepare the computer to start the next phase of installation.. with an official USB stick.

Forget about Windows of course, but is the bios could pose a problem ? or the use of an HDMI cable ? I should try with the Displayport ?
Or too many HDD connected to the PC ?

Last edited:
THANK YOU !

It was, indeed, an issue with the HDMI output, I was able to install Big Sur, last update, with a DisplayPort cable :-D
Now I will check what is working, and what's not.

I am very thankful for your time, your expertise, your help, really people, you are amazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back