Need some help to perfect my installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell DM061 (Dimension E520)
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2,4 GHz)
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1 GB (one-slot edition)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Edit : My sound problem is now resolved but I still have questions in this topics lol :)

Hi all and thanks to all the tonymacx86 community! :D

I'm need some help from you, and I'm glad to use your forums.
First, I'm giving my whole configuration, so you know what I am using to build by my Hack Pro :

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (v1.0) - BIOS : F12 (downgraded from F13j)
Processor : Intel Core i7-920 (@ 2,66 Ghz, no overclock, Turbo Boost and HT activated)
RAM : 4 GB for the installation, 6 GB at all (DDR3, for sure)
Soundchip : ALC889a
Network : Realtek R1000SL? (I'm not sure but it's working)
Graphic card : NVIDIA 7300 LE for installation (as soon as the Retail SL DVD does not detect my GTX260+) : it's "funny" because after installation of my DSDT using Multibeast, SL didn't be able to boot with it, but it was okay with my GTX260+ (Ic hose NVEnabler64 during the Multibeast's installation). So no worries for that, but that's strange and not comfortable. Lol
I have an IDE DVD drive (Nec) and an SATA DVD drive (Sony) but I used the IDE one for this installation.
iBoot Legacy CD used with Retail SL Installation DVD (10.6)
(I also also another GTX260+ that I use for SLi in Windows Seven with a Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-X soundcard, but I dunno if they can work with SL).

So, I'm here with my fresh installation of SL in 10.6 using iBoot Legacy and a NVIDIA 7300 LE (don't laugh at me :p ) and I've installed both the combo update 10.6.4 and MultiBeast). I've shutdowned my computer and plugged my GTX260 in the first PCI-X port. I've booted in SL and all seems to work (audio, graphics, LAN)...

I also got a very big problem on this hackintosh computer, because, whatever the DVD drive I use (IDE or even SATA), if there's a CD/DVD present in the drive during I little time withouth using it, the drive just freeze, and I can't eject the CD/DVD, and SL starts freezing too (Finder, System Profiler...) when I click something that requests the drive.

Does anybody have troubles while Googleling? Sometimes, the Google page takes ages to come, and pages of the InsanelyMac forums take time too... On Windows, I do not have theses problems.

Is it possible to change the Processeor name and RAM model on the About this Mac window? It seems to be wrong for my RAM. And is it possible to hide some Windows partitions from SL? I have 3 hdds so there is data I do not want in SL.

Before using tonymacx86's iBoot and DSDT for my motherboard, I used MowgliBook's ones, and I also had the problem of the freezing drive. I'm trying to take my time to perform a perfect installation of Snow Leopard on my computer, so I would propose a tutorial to the others newbies of OSX86, and I would have a nice Mac Pro for me. :wave:

Here's the settings I've choosen for MultiBeast :

mb1g.png

mb2c.png

mb3c.png

mb4.png

mb5.png

Hope you'll can help me with my hackintosh. Have a good day to all. ;)

Here's my DSDT, my IORegistryExplorer and SystemProfiler dumps :

Nutella-IORegistryExplorer-Dump.zip
DSDT.aml
Nutella-SystemProfiler-Dump.zip

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Nutella-IORegistryExplorer-Dump.zip
    473.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Nutella-SystemProfiler-Dump.zip
    136.1 KB · Views: 60
for the drive try doing what i suggested in my thread with using the gsata ports for ur sata dvd drive, it may or not work but its worth a try.

as for processor name and memory load up multibeast and choose the smbios.plist you want and it'll change you about this mac to more closely resemble you specs. though it is just cosmetic as those details have no effect on how well your hackintosh runs. i believe it is possible to modify the plist itself afterwards to fully customise what it says but you'll need to ask macman about that one as my memory is a bit hazey regarding that

as for your X-Fi titanium, check out this site as depending on what exact model it is you might have luck with their drivers, as i have with an old Audigy card i had lying around
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?language=en

not sure about your network issues, could you post a little more about it ie. router type, do other computers or windows install have same issue etc.

chopsticks said:
for the drive try doing what i suggested in my thread with using the gsata ports for ur sata dvd drive, it may or not work but its worth a try.

as for processor name and memory load up multibeast and choose the smbios.plist you want and it'll change you about this mac to more closely resemble you specs. though it is just cosmetic as those details have no effect on how well your hackintosh runs. i believe it is possible to modify the plist itself afterwards to fully customise what it says but you'll need to ask macman about that one as my memory is a bit hazey regarding that

as for your X-Fi titanium, check out this site as depending on what exact model it is you might have luck with their drivers, as i have with an old Audigy card i had lying around
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?language=en

not sure about your network issues, could you post a little more about it ie. router type, do other computers or windows install have same issue etc.

For the moment I only the IDE DVD drive so I cannot test with my SATA one on the GSATA connectors... :/

My X-Fi Titanium is detected in the System profiler as a "HD Audio Intel" but the connectors don't work. I'll try your drivers.

About the network issues, it's okay for Skype and Insanelymac but sometimes Google is long... And it's only with my hackintosh, whatever the router I use. It's just sometimes, not every moment.

I've plugged my two GTX260 with the SLi bridge and SL boots properly, but the fan of the second is at the maximum so it's a little noisy... Hope there will be a SLi driver one day.

Edit: I've managed to modify the Processor and Memory informations in About This Mac window :

aboutmymac.png

If someone is interested to how I did, I've followed the indications given here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... opic=44470

Good luck !

it sounds like your network issues are either some weird driver bug or a DNS issue. do u use dynamic or static IP addressing on your hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back