Contribute
Register

Need personal help -- not sure if something is off despite it working mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

So, I just want to know if there's someone that can help me.
Things seem to be working okay with the exception of imessage and all that, but my real issue is.. .I seem to have a TON of options at the boot select screen in clover. Additionally, I've got an EFI folder on my mac system drive, which I've just read may be from a legacy install? But I've got the EFI going as well. I'm just so overall confused, now. I thought I had this all under my belt and now I'm just lost again. Can somebody help me out here? Can post screen shots or logs, whatever needed to figure this out and make sure I didn't set this up completely weird and it's messing with my system's performance or features without me realizing.

Hi,

So, I just want to know if there's someone that can help me.
Things seem to be working okay with the exception of imessage and all that, but my real issue is.. .I seem to have a TON of options at the boot select screen in clover. Additionally, I've got an EFI folder on my mac system drive, which I've just read may be from a legacy install? But I've got the EFI going as well. I'm just so overall confused, now. I thought I had this all under my belt and now I'm just lost again. Can somebody help me out here? Can post screen shots or logs, whatever needed to figure this out and make sure I didn't set this up completely weird and it's messing with my system's performance or features without me realizing.
Just curious why you didn't install Mojave with this hardware ? I know that CaseySJ recommends Mojave over HS when using the Designare and an i9 CPU.

Honestly, I'd love to use Mojave. But, my Wacom tablet drivers won't work with Mojave, nor will my current Little Snitch version, and some other things but I'm having trouble remembering what they were.

Can't remember the specifics, but I was having issues with certain apps not working on Mojave, or the Intuos drivers, al lthat sort of thing. It just made me want to go back to High Sierra, where everything works without a problem when I might have a deadline (or ... I'm already SO fed up, with this all having taken weeks to get running with Win10 finally.)

I mean, if somebody has advice on how I can get that wacom Intuos 3 driver working and the other things, I might go back to Mojave. God knows it was laden with new features I really liked. But I'm a designer, I can't not have the tablet these days as I get back into freelancing--and I don't have the cash to get a new one. I just blew near 1800 on this computer rig itself, so it's time to be frugal. Le sigh

Also, can I say: I really can't deal with the paranoia of malware, hackers, BIOS level things, whatever the hell the myriad "injections" -- .dll, etc. are. I've got a hearty understanding of everything but I can't help but feel I can never know it all and I'm always at risk or there are people in my system already (from various installs, or accidentally using an old USB pirated windows thing from years ago by accident, then later finding my legit usb, formatting, blahblahblah.)
I wish I had a magical elf-nerd who could just climb out of my desk drawer and worry about this crap FOR me.

Honestly, I'd love to use Mojave. But, my Wacom tablet drivers won't work with Mojave
Did you try the latest version (March 26th) with improved Mojave support ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back