Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have a working TPLink-TLWND4800 PCIe card but need the slot for other music peripherals. Has anyone used the PCI version of the same card TL-WN751ND?

Saw this on eBay and wonder if it will work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c321f1934

If not I might try to go with a USB solution: TP-Link TL-WN823N but curious if it will affect my recording interface (Apogee Symphony) also running USB.

In your situation I'd go with the USB solution as the PCI card is ancient technology these days and is severely limited in speed compared to any modern USB solution is.

In your situation I'd go with the USB solution as the PCI card is ancient technology these days and is severely limited in speed compared to any modern USB solution is.

Thanks for the tip. I plan to experiment and put a pcie card into the open pciex8 slot. I've read that the GPU doesn't gain (can't fully utilize) the full bandwidth anyway, so using the pciex8 and pcix16 should work.

You'll likely be fine using 8x for graphics. The dell t110 I have is running in 8x slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back