Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i7-860
DFI LP P-55
Sapphire 5870
Installed on a fresh SSD

Got OSx installed along with the 10.6.6 update and multibeast.

Choose the EasyBeast option. Everything went ok, and upon restart, I got nothing.
Computer boots up, clears the bios and at that point the screen goes black and the fan on my video card screams.

Thoughts or directions? Any particular thread I should read?

Whoa. Gonna need to do a little research before understanding the content of the thread you posted. I appreciate it and will look into what's already been suggested.

To answer the other question, when I try to boot from iBoot, I get the grey splash screen but nothing else.

Also, I didn't mention in my earlier post, I don't need much more than the core components to work on this machine. Looking for Video / Ethernet only. Sound isn't important, this is a build solely for the purpose of allowing my wife to bring home PS CS5 projects from work and allow her to use a platform she is familiar with.

Thanks for the help.

i7SnowLeopard said:
Whoa. Gonna need to do a little research before understanding the content of the thread you posted. I appreciate it and will look into what's already been suggested.

To answer the other question, when I try to boot from iBoot, I get the grey splash screen but nothing else.

Also, I didn't mention in my earlier post, I don't need much more than the core components to work on this machine. Looking for Video / Ethernet only. Sound isn't important, this is a build solely for the purpose of allowing my wife to bring home PS CS5 projects from work and allow her to use a platform she is familiar with.

Thanks for the help.
If you are going to use a dual graphics card then you need a different card to install with and then do a lot of modifications to add the dual card capability. Most dual card setups are on 2 PCIe slots and are a real PITA to get set up properly to enable both cards 100%. Not sure if anyone has gotten 2 cards on the same PCIe slot to work yet, but you definitely won't be able to install with it AFAIK.

Going Bald said:
i7SnowLeopard said:

Thanks for the help.
If you are going to use a dual graphics card then you need a different card to install with and then do a lot of modifications to add the dual card capability. Most dual card setups are on 2 PCIe slots and are a real PITA to get set up properly to enable both cards 100%. Not sure if anyone has gotten 2 cards on the same PCIe slot to work yet, but you definitely won't be able to install with it AFAIK.

Again, my fault for not giving all the info. Pulled one of the 5870's after reading through the TonyMac guide before starting this. Pulled all but 4 gigs of ram out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back