Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
i just completed my first hackintosh, everything i need is working except i need to fix my screen resolution. I have a nvidia geforce gt 240 and a samsung syncmaster 2033hd.
To get my best display resolution i would need to set it at 1600x900@60hz but when i open my chameleon boot loader, in the "Video info" section, there is not this resolution, is there something i can do? Thanks to everyone and sorry for my bad english :crazy:

P.S. My computer is hocked to my monitor with a VGA cable

Its the 1GB DDR3 model or the 512MB DDR5 model? Wich OS are you installing? Snow Leopard or Lion? On Snow leopard it should work fine from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8.

egemdark said:
Its the 1GB DDR3 model or the 512MB DDR5 model? Wich OS are you installing? Snow Leopard or Lion? On Snow leopard it should work fine from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8.
Its the 512MB DDR5 model and i am running mac OSX Lion :)

Weird... Evga GT 240 should work out from the box with full res and QE. Hablas español?

egemdark said:
Weird... Evga GT 240 should work out from the box with full res and QE. Hablas español?
The card work fine, i am able to set all the resolutions of the "video info" session in the chameleon boot loader if you know what i mean. But my goal is to set the card to work at 1600x900 @60hz and i was asking if its possible (1600x900 isn't in the "video info" session)

It is possible if you use a program called SwitchResX or such. Mileage may vary....

Of note though,
If the resolution is not originally displaying in your monitors preference pane, it is probably
not "fully"supported by your current system set up (monitor-GPU-OS),

and therefore, changing it in any manner, may not work perfectly with everything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back