CPU
I7 3770K @ 4,50 GHz
Graphics
GTX780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Today I installed Mojave on a cloned drive with High Sierra.
Install went reasonably well, after a while I had everything running perfectly.
Until I noticed Quick look wasn't working with jpg's.
Did some searching and found changing system definitions would help.
So I used Multibeast to install Mac Pro 6,1 and it wouldn't boot.
So I installed Mac Pro 5,1 and it booted but after the Apple logo and the white line I got a black screen.
I guess graphics card driver problems.
So installed Imac 14,2 again to go back to the original but still that black screen!
Now I can't boot anymore.
Could changing system definitions do anything with the graphics part?

Thank you!

Why would you do that? Can I assume you have not experience the joy of hours wasted getting iMessage to work? I would clone your old config.sys back over the damaged one you've created.

I suppose it is safe to assume you have not updated your Clover, so you should do that. Sadly they have made a nightmare of sorts because they changed the directory structure, so you will need to be aware of that and google the current information on that. My first attempt has failed, so I will comment on that. You then need to update What Ever Gren and LiLU to the latest version, this depends on how you installed them in the first place, if you used Multibeast then you can simply use the latest version of Multibeast to reinstall them. Then you need to google the boot flag for Lilu to enable CPU decoding of jpegs instead of using the CPU graphics processor that you either don't have or have not enabled. Alternatively you could enable the integrated GPU but I've found that to be more work.

Once you have Clover and Lilu updated, I don't really need WEG for this part to work. You open your working config.plist in your /EFI/Clover folder with a newer/new version of Clover Configurator and add a new entry Boot>Boot Arguments, you right click in the box in the upper left of the main window to display a list of known boot arguments and then select 'NoVPAJpeg'. Then you can save the change and close Clover, then reboot for the change to take effect.

Yes, ultimately the solution is just adding a single boot argument.

Well I tried it because it looked acceptable :)
And I did update clover before installing Mojave using Multibeast ;)
I got it working again, fixed it using vnc on my ipad. Luckily screen sharing was activated. The system could not see my displays with Mac Pro definitions...

What's a LilU? ;)
AAh that's what "Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen" meens :)))))

Thanks for the usefull tip!! How safe is it to try? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back