Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so I'm a firs timer and I desperately need some help here. Everything software-wise so far is working fine, but I can't get my Graphics card identified and used by Mac Os X. My Mobo is the MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition and an EVGA Geforce GTX 970. I've been hearing back and forth about its compatibility, but I can't tell because OS X never uses it when it's plugged in, its either the Mobos graphics when it is plugged in some random 7mb graphics. I am running os x 10.10.3. Now I've heard you need to install the latest cuda and web drivers from nvidia but anytime i get and try to install them, the installations keep failing. the cuda menu shows up in system preferences shows up, but it doesn't do much. And by some the Web drivers installed once by luck alone, but anytime i click on it in system preferences, it says it was installed incorrectly and and needs to be reinstalled. PLease can Anyone help please?

also, boot flags i'm using are: dart=0 -x -f -v nv_disable=1.

Ok, so I'm a firs timer and I desperately need some help here. Everything software-wise so far is working fine, but I can't get my Graphics card identified and used by Mac Os X. My Mobo is the MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition and an EVGA Geforce GTX 970. I've been hearing back and forth about its compatibility, but I can't tell because OS X never uses it when it's plugged in, its either the Mobos graphics when it is plugged in some random 7mb graphics. I am running os x 10.10.3. Now I've heard you need to install the latest cuda and web drivers from nvidia but anytime i get and try to install them, the installations keep failing. the cuda menu shows up in system preferences shows up, but it doesn't do much. And by some the Web drivers installed once by luck alone, but anytime i click on it in system preferences, it says it was installed incorrectly and and needs to be reinstalled. PLease can Anyone help please?

also, boot flags i'm using are: dart=0 -x -f -v nv_disable=1.

If you want to try and use the NVIDIA web drivers you need to get rid of the -x and nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1

Worked beautifully! much thanks my good sir!

[Edit]: Now I've encountered another problem. the system recognized and used my gpu, so I'm all set with that. however, I'm using an SSD for the OS and using a hdd to store everything else. but when i formatted the drive, copied my home directory to it and set it as the main directory, I started encountering the nanosecond error again after restarting. the flags I'm using are as follows: npci=0x2000, -f -v nvda_drv=1 dart=0. here's an image of the following:
IMG_1044.jpg

and as an after thought, should I expect more of this if I intend to use more HDDs in this manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back