Contribute
Register

Need help with RX 6650XT Spoofing

Can anyone tell why this ACPI file will not work to spoof my 6650XT to a 6600XT. I have a PowerColor 6650xt

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 9.07.00 AM.png

I have also tried using the device properties/BRG ACPI file approach too. Neither seems to work.

I used windows to get the ACPI path,_SB_.PC00.PEG1.PEGP

This is what I see in the IORegistry with the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF loaded

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 9.11.53 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml
    264 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:
Can anyone tell why this ACPI file will not work to spoof my 6650XT to a 6600XT. I have a PowerColor 6650xt
Try these I build for you. Don't forget to load them in your config.plist and let me know. Oh and I am not sure the following device-id is the best for your card to spoof on. But maybe you can try different models aswell if it does not work.

Code:
 "device-id",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0xFF, 0x73, 0x00, 0x00                           // .s..
                        },

Attachments

• SSDT-Bridge.aml
    108 bytes · Views: 14
  • SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml
    280 bytes · Views: 16
Try these I build for you. Don't forget to load them in your config.plist and let me know. Oh and I am not sure the following device-id is the best for your card to spoof on. But maybe you can try different models aswell if it does not work.

Code:
 "device-id",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0xFF, 0x73, 0x00, 0x00                           // .s..
                        },
Just to make sure I understand, are you saying to load both of these files at the same time, or to use either the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml by itself or the SSDT-Bridge.aml file + device-id in the config.plist?

You need both if the PCI bridge is not defined yet. This was the problem in my case and maybe this helps you, too. So just place them both in the ACPI folder and be sure to let them load by the config.plist.

So my issue was there is a incompatibility between MSI Z690 motherboards and the Powercolor 6650XT. I had setup everything properly. If I move the card down to the second slot on my motherboard, it works fine, but unfortunately that isn't a solution as then it is too close to my thunderbolt card. If you do a search for MSI motherboard powercolor 6650xt you'll find some posts other forums about the issue. It seems the only solution is to move the card down to the second slot.

So my issue was there is a incompatibility between MSI Z690 motherboards and the Powercolor 6650XT. I had setup everything properly. If I move the card down to the second slot on my motherboard, it works fine, but unfortunately that isn't a solution as then it is too close to my thunderbolt card. If you do a search for MSI motherboard powercolor 6650xt you'll find some posts other forums about the issue. It seems the only solution is to move the card down to the second slot.
Maybe you can use a PCI-E rizer?

There may be a bios setting change that will fix it. I'm going to put the card back in this weekend and try a few more things. A cable is definitely a potential solution.

Back