Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, i need help with choosing a new motherboard, I currently have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 and this is the second time I have to send it back(endless boot loop issue).
So then I thought about the GA-Z68XP-UD3P but since there are so many people complaining about the boot loops many of the Z68/P67 boards are having I want to go safe.
So now I´m looking at the Z77 boards, but the only ones within my price range is the GA-Z77X-UD3H and the GA-Z77X-UD3, but those don´t have working audio(if someone does know how to fix that, please let me know, I saw that there is a driver for that chipset in multibeast, will that work?).
If that isn´t fixable I´m left with just the GA-Z77-DS3H, but I think that´s to low-end, I wan´t to be able to do a future upgrade, and the GA-Z77X-UD5H is to expensive for me.

So please help me with this, I´m going to send it back tomorrow and I need to know what to pick instead by then.
Should I just stick with a Z68 mobo? Because if that´s the case I´ll order the GA-Z68XP-UD3P right away, or should I go with a Z77 mobo?
I´ve heard that you need to edit some kext files in order to get the graphics working when using a Sandy Bridge CPU on a Ivy Bridge mobo, is it to get FULL graphics acceleration or just to get graphics?
I need the onboard graphics to install mountain lion since I have a 6870 GPU, but after that I will use the GPU.

Thanks in advance

DamperLullz

You should be able to install without the kext edits, and then you can stick in the 6870.

It seems like you've sort of answered your own question with the mobos. The boot loop issue could be BIOS-related, but I would not use it as a reason not to get a Z68 board because it's a rare issue. I wouldn't get a Z68 board because they're old.

What about the DS3H don't you like?

You should be able to install without the kext edits, and then you can stick in the 6870.

It seems like you've sort of answered your own question with the mobos. The boot loop issue could be BIOS-related, but I would not use it as a reason not to get a Z68 board because it's a rare issue. I wouldn't get a Z68 board because they're old.

What about the DS3H don't you like?

I want something better, the best option would be the GA-Z77X-UD3H, do you know if it's possible to get the audio working?

Well there is a kext called that Voodoo HDA that enables VIA audio but the quality is subpar and it can cause kernel panics. Most who use VIA boards just get a USB sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back