Contribute
Register

Need help with Lenovo x201

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Feartech!
Which one is better, or are both doing the same?
I did use the mentioned guide, trying to get stuff working. For instance the PS/2 mouse knob won't work with Clover, so I added some stuff I possibly should not have....

Strangely enough enabling Clover/Options/Binaries Patching/Debug gets me further. Now I get to injecting kexts, patching Kernel for injected kexts and then reboot.
Any easy way to know, which kext crashes?

Last edited:
Thank you, Feartech!
Which one is better, or are both doing the same?
I did use the mentioned guide, trying to get stuff working. For instance the PS/2 mouse knob won't work with Clover, so I added some stuff I possibly should not have....

Strangely enough enabling Clover/Options/Binaries Patching/Debug gets me further. Now I get to injecting kexts, patching Kernel for injected kexts and then reboot.
Any easy way to know, which kext crashes?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

probably best to start again from the laptop guide i gave you, use FakeSMC

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

probably best to start again from the laptop guide i gave you, use FakeSMC

Thank you for the lead.
I did use that guide. Will try FakeSMC,but this install might be a step too far. All I've done before was a Lenovo M92p tiny for a friend - which was almost too easy with Uni/Multibeast and a HP Elite 8300 SFF for me, which was easy, too. Tried a M91p tiny with Uni/Multibeast, but no luck and this x201 doing manually ... with the aforementioned problems.
You live, you learn.

How can I make Clover pipe out every message into a debug file? There are messages on screen before the graphical menu...?

Thank you for the lead.
I did use that guide. Will try FakeSMC,but this install might be a step too far. All I've done before was a Lenovo M92p tiny for a friend - which was almost too easy with Uni/Multibeast and a HP Elite 8300 SFF for me, which was easy, too. Tried a M91p tiny with Uni/Multibeast, but no luck and this x201 doing manually ... with the aforementioned problems.
You live, you learn.

How can I make Clover pipe out every message into a debug file? There are messages on screen before the graphical menu...?
what kind of messages?

too fast to read. Something about block devices. Also, I would like to know, what causes the crashes, so Apple debug dump would help, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back