2x Xeon 5650
Graphics
Radeon 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I know, this notebook is ancient, but since it fell into my lap for free, I thought that I might give it a try.
No, this is not the system in my profile. In my profile is my working Hackintosh, this is a project.
It's got an Intel Core i5-540M (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache), which I have learned is not the best, but it was used by Apple at least once.
It's got Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics, which have been used at least once by Apple, too.
I don't think the Intel 6200 802.11AGN, Bluetooth will be working, but a USB adapter for WiFi is an option.
I tried to create a working Clover config.plist, but I get as far as a row of "++++++++++++++++++++++" and then reboot.
Since I could not even get to the first stage of the Installer, I have no clue how to help you further than attaching a copy of my CLOVER directory, obviously zipped.
Any help will be gladly appreciated!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 88
Hello,
I know, this notebook is ancient, but since it fell into my lap for free, I thought that I might give it a try.
No, this is not the system in my profile. In my profile is my working Hackintosh, this is a project.
It's got an Intel Core i5-540M (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache), which I have learned is not the best, but it was used by Apple at least once.
It's got Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics, which have been used at least once by Apple, too.
I don't think the Intel 6200 802.11AGN, Bluetooth will be working, but a USB adapter for WiFi is an option.
I tried to create a working Clover config.plist, but I get as far as a row of "++++++++++++++++++++++" and then reboot.
Since I could not even get to the first stage of the Installer, I have no clue how to help you further than attaching a copy of my CLOVER directory, obviously zipped.
Any help will be gladly appreciated!
the graphics are not supported

MacBook Pro 6,1 and 6,2 used the same graphics if I am not mistaken.

Source *This system has dual graphics processors -- a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 SDRAM and Intel HD Graphics with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory. The system automatically switches between graphics systems based on use (when applications use OpenGL, Core Graphics or other graphically demanding technologies, the system will use the dedicated graphics card, otherwise it will use Intel HD Graphics to conserve battery life).

MacBook Pro 6,1 and 6,2 used the same graphics if I am not mistaken.

Source *This system has dual graphics processors -- a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 SDRAM and Intel HD Graphics with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory. The system automatically switches between graphics systems based on use (when applications use OpenGL, Core Graphics or other graphically demanding technologies, the system will use the dedicated graphics card, otherwise it will use Intel HD Graphics to conserve battery life).
switching graphics is also not supported

What I copied above were the specs of the Macbook Pro 6,1 and Macbook Pro 6,2. Those are supported up to and including High Sierra.
Also, there is a guide on another Hackintosh forum about this x201, but the other forum is dead and no replies there.
But I take it as unsupported, then ...

Thank you so much for the lead. I am aware of the fact that, other with my working HP Elite 8300 SFF that I am using writing this here, I might have to do some serious post-install patching. I have seen (but, I have to admit, not completely understood) the procedures for post-install patching. But I will try to solve that when I get there.
So far, I can't even reach the first stage of the Installer. I have tried to use the method using a boot USB with Clover and a second USB with the installer from another forum, but that method won't see the USB with the installer. Possibly due to some drivers missing.
With my USB that I have created, Clover shows the Installer, boots from it and then hangs with a row of "++++++++++++++".
I have my EFI attached to the first post, I have no further output, nor do I have the detailed info about CPU and board as this thing came without HDD and I've just put an empty SSD in. Sorry.

You may be labouring under the misapprehension that I am going to help you with this, In short I'm not.
I just used the forum Search tool to see if anyone else had posted about the same Laptop and found that it may be possible.
I have absolutely zero interest in hacking laptops so can offer no further assistance whatsoever.

So? Any help is appreciated. I've read about post-Install issues and your link was helpful, so I thanked you. Is that against forum rules?
At least, you tried to help, whereas some other folks standard template "unsupported" might be a bit, frankly, wrong.
How can it be unsupported, when there is some info about post-Install patches?
Anyway, I don't want to discuss this forum, I just need leads on how to deal with this particular machine.Thanks again for your link, gladly appreciated and will get use once I get there.

So? Any help is appreciated. I've read about post-Install issues and your link was helpful, so I thanked you. Is that against forum rules?
At least, you tried to help, whereas some other folks standard template "unsupported" might be a bit, frankly, wrong.
How can it be unsupported, when there is some info about post-Install patches?
Anyway, I don't want to discuss this forum, I just need leads on how to deal with this particular machine.Thanks again for your link, gladly appreciated and will get use once I get there.
you seem to have fakesmc and virutalsmc, only 1 should be used

assume you are using legacy install due to the age of your laptop, make sure to check the laptop guide on clover install:

yes, sorry your Arrandale graphics can be used, i was assuming a different graphics card, however, it is a bit of a process to get working though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back