Contribute
Register

Need help with Laptop DSDT Edit, I Don't understand the guide..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be safe to use chameleon wizard's create patch program? or is that a bad idea in general? I really didn't note all the things i patched, sadly.

Would it be safe to use chameleon wizard's create patch program? or is that a bad idea in general? I really didn't note all the things i patched, sadly.

The only accepted patches are those which can be used with MaciASL->Patch.

If you did manual patching without constructing regex based patches (for MaciASL->Patch), then you don't really have a patch to share.

Keep in mind you must potentially re-patch ACPI whenever:
- any BIOS option is changed
- after BIOS upgrades
- any hardware modifcations

This is why it is suggested you build an automated patch, since it is likely you'll need to patch for battery status multiple times.

Ah, ok. ill test it to see if it worked at all real fast.
Edit: Nope. didn't work. At least i tried, but I'll try to make a patch for it, to help others with this laptop.

Also, any suggestions on what program to use to make the patch? Would textedit work by any chance?

Also, any suggestions on what program to use to make the patch? Would textedit work by any chance?

MaciASL patch files are just .txt files. Refer to the (many) examples in the repo.

Ah, ok. I just finished making the 16-bit patches to rename and split them into 2 8-bits.

Real quick question, would i insert the B1B2 patch you made, also?

OK. I was just making sure.

How would i patch a if statement that doesn't patch with the automatic patch that i am making? The patch is this:
into method label _BIF code_regex \(B1FC, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(B2FC,B3FC), end;
And the method is (unedited):
Method (_BIF, 0, NotSerialized) // _BIF: Battery Information {
If (LEqual (ECON, One))
{
Store (B1DC, Local0)
Multiply (Local0, 0x0A, Local0)
Store (Local0, Index (PBIF, One))
Store (B1FC, Local0)
Multiply (Local0, 0x0A, Local0)
Store (Local0, Index (PBIF, 0x02))
Store (B1DV, Index (PBIF, 0x04))
If (B1FC)
{
Store (Divide (Multiply (B1FC, 0x0A), 0x0A, ), Index (PBIF, 0x05))
Store (Divide (Multiply (B1FC, 0x0A), 0x19, ), Index (PBIF, 0x06))
Store (Divide (Multiply (B1DC, 0x0A), 0x64, ), Index (PBIF, 0x07))
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back