Contribute
Register

Need help with Installation Gygabyte Z87n-wifi on Maverick with integrated HD 4600 i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87N-Wifi
CPU
i5 4670k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Z87n-wifi BIOS how do I disable VT-D? can't install mavericks

Hi I followed the instructions for the Unibeast Guide and I tested out the hard drive (250gb hdd since my flash drive I bought is DOA) I tested and installed it on a macbook pro and it worked fine.

Basically I just need help with the BIOS and how to install mavericks

Followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ntegrated-hd-4600-i5-4670-ssd-crucial-m4.html

Here’s what my BIOS looks like, I have a GA-Z87N-WIFI, i5, 8gb ram, no graphic card installed (yet). Basically followed 2014 April buyers guide

What I'm having trouble is the installation of OS X

So here's what I did

Put everything to default and then changed up the following.

In Bios Features:
- Boot option 1 is defined on the SSD (Went to Peripherals>Sata Configuration>Sata Mode Selection was already on AHCI. (I also see my Serial ATA Port 3 recognized my SSD drive)

- Fast boot: disabled.

- Intel Virtualization Technology: disabled.

- TXT (LT) support: disabled.

- VT-d: says enabled but it won't let me disable it (it's grayed out and can't even go on it

- OS Type: Other OS.

- Boot mode: UEFI and Legacy.

In Peripherals:
- Internal Graphic Max Size: 64Mo.

- Super IO Conf / Serial port: disabled.

When I boot up and press F12, I choose the mavericks installer hard drive and first thing I enter is -x

(It's connected through HDMI to my TV)

After I enter -x it shows the apple logo loading and then on my tv it says No signal and nothing shows ever, I can still see the fans working. I also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=0, and npci=0x3000 each time and none worked

Can anyone help me please, thank you

- Intel Virtualization Technology: disabled.

- Dynamic storage Accelerator: disabled.

- VT-d: says enabled but it won't let me disable it (it's grayed out and can't even go on it

- Boot mode: UEFI and Legacy.

In Peripherals:
- Internal Graphic Max Size: 384Mo.
to get VT-d disabled you have to enable Intel Virtualization Technology

go ahead and enable dynamic storage accelerator.

Set - Internal Graphic Max Size: = 64Mo

to get VT-d disabled you have to enable Intel Virtualization Technology

go ahead and enable dynamic storage accelerator.

Set - Internal Graphic Max Size: = 64Mo

Alright so I enabled Intel Virtualization Technology and set Intel Graphic Max Size=64m and enabled dynamic storage accelerator. Saved and quit. Went to Bios again and tried to see if it lets me disable VT-D, it's still "enabled" in grey even though Intel Virtualization Technology is enabled.

Tried it with Intel Virtualization enabled and -x and it still went to the apple logo and went no signal again.

Got everything up and running but experiences random freezes from time to time.

What does your BIOS settings look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back