Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been having trouble getting my audio to work, and haven't seen any posts related to my motherboard. I haven't had any luck with HDMI, and I haven't been able to bypass that problem by using an 1/8" audio jack either. The computer doesn't recognize any output or input devices in "System Preferences." I'm running:

Intel i7 2600k sandy bridge
Gigabyte ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3
Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD6870

Does anyone else have the same motherboard or graphics card? Is a fix even possible on 10.6.8? If not, I'm thinking of updating to Lion anyway; could that solve my problem? I've never edited DSDT or done any manual kext installation before, but I'd be willing to try it.

Thanks!

I used the iBoot method to install OSX off the 10.6.3 dvd, then immediately upgraded to 10.6.8. Then I ran multibeast and checked "ALC889" for my sound. Wondering now if I should delete that and select "ALC8xxHDA" instead. Or maybe I should just upgrade to Lion and figure it out from there. I'd be happy to use 1/8" audio instead of HDMI (although HDMI would be nice); I just need some sound.

I should mention that I'm trying to use the internal speakers in my monitor; I don't have any standalone speakers.

Thanks Hoparvilla! I'll try this when I get off work, and I'll update this thread with my results! Gonna be a long day at work ;)

Ok, so I followed that other thread and got my sound to work, though not through HDMI. I'll take it though; the onboard speakers in my monitor aren't going to sound any better anyway. Thanks so much!

Hrm, scratch that. Computer went to sleep and lost its sound when I woke it up. Rebooted twice, still no sound. However, it does recognize sound devices, and it allows me to set the volume level, which I wasn't able to do originally. :crazy:

Hey exploding fruit,

So I had similar problems when getting my hackintosh up and running - If you upgrade to Lion I'm pretty sure my solution should work for you;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=30584

I attached the F11 version of your motherboards DSDT which I edited using Toledo's method.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 96
No problems explodingfruit, hope all is working well. Rock On :headbang: !!

Hi Sorry for digging this Old Out ;)

Have the Same Board with F12 BIOS @ Lion 10.7.3 .

I use integrated Intel HD3000 from my i3-2125

But i didnt get HDMI Audio to work.
Have read this Guide with no success
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2011/09/h ... -3000.html

Hope Anybody can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back