Graphics
EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After I did the whole install and finally got into the operating system, what do I do with MultiBeast, and what drivers do I need for that motherboard. Is there anything else I need to do? My Asus USB-N53 Wireless Adapter doesn't seem to work either and I don't really have a long enough ethernet cable to reach my router. Would it be fine if I put other drivers onto another USB flash drive from my other computer and then install them on OSX? I need to have this build done in a few hours, please help.

After I did the whole install and finally got into the operating system, what do I do with MultiBeast, and what drivers do I need for that motherboard. Is there anything else I need to do? My Asus USB-N53 Wireless Adapter doesn't seem to work either and I don't really have a long enough ethernet cable to reach my router. Would it be fine if I put other drivers onto another USB flash drive from my other computer and then install them on OSX? I need to have this build done in a few hours, please help.

MultiBeast settings can be seen here Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)
You will want to add GraphicsEnabler=No from Customizations/Boot Options select GraphicsEnabler=No as your graphics card is supported.

Installing other drivers from another computer? If your wireless adapter isn't working in OS X then it will not be supported natively. My suggestion would be to get your self a supported wireless device. You can see here in the Accessories sections of the Buyers Guide that the recommended wireless devices will work out of the box. It will save you a whole lot of time and pain in the long run just to get one of those.

The Asus USB-N53 supports both Mac and Windows. So there is a Mac driver for it. For a thing like that I would just take the drivers from their respective manufacturer's website, and then install them on Mountain Lion. Does that sound like that would work? And also would you like me to post a picture of the drivers I am installing?
Added Note: I am currently on another monitor with the Mountain Lion build, and the resolution is 1440x900. If I add the driver for the 1920x1080 display, would that cause an issue if I continued using my monitor. I only ask because once installation and drivers are done, this build will be used on a 1920x1080 monitor.

The Asus USB-N53 supports both Mac and Windows. So there is a Mac driver for it. For a thing like that I would just take the drivers from their respective manufacturer's website, and then install them on Mountain Lion. Does that sound like that would work? And also would you like me to post a picture of the drivers I am installing?

My apologies I have sourced the information here http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=11&m=USB-N53&hashedid=OmKGUzklVRYjrktQ

You can try it to see if it works.

That is the correct driver I am using on another USB flash drive.

Currently I am running on ethernet, so I may not tinker with it for now. The main concern I have is what drivers I need to install so that I can boot from my SSD without requiring the USB boot drive. Should I take a picture of what drivers I may attempt to install? I really appreciate your help.
Note: The drivers from Multibeast needed for the SSD to boot on its own.

Currently I am running on ethernet, so I may not tinker with it for now. The main concern I have is what drivers I need to install so that I can boot from my SSD without requiring the USB boot drive. Should I take a picture of what drivers I may attempt to install? I really appreciate your help.

I have made some screen shots for you. See Attachments. These are basic selections to get you booting from the hard drive with your graphics card. Two pictures for one time install. Be sure to see both.

Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 11.25.26.pngScreen Shot 2013-07-02 at 11.26.44.png

I dearly appreciate you doing that for me. Do I need Chimera or anything like that? I also have the Kingston HyperX SSD which is what Mountain Lion is stored on. Do I need to use TRIM with that or no? Sorry for all the questions. So far I have all your drivers that you have selected for me.

I dearly appreciate you doing that for me. Do I need Chimera or anything like that? I also have the Kingston HyperX SSD which is what Mountain Lion is stored on. Do I need to use TRIM with that or no? Sorry for all the questions. So far I have all your drivers that you have selected for me.

No problem, I would suggest that you visit your manufacturers website of your SSD and see if trim is required. It is reported that some manufacturers of SSD's don't require trim to be enabled as it can do more harm than good. My Sandisk Extreme doesn't require trim to be enabled.

If you read the documentation for MultiBeast it does inform you what is being installed. I have taken what User DSDT/DSDT installs for you so the answer to chimera is no.

User DSDT/DSDT Free

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free is a solution for those desktop systems who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension or a motherboard that works without a DSDT. Installs your DSDT if found as DSDT.aml, a org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and darkwake=0 kernel flag, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist with a unique serial number, Desktop power management hibernate mode and tonymacx86 black theme in /Extra. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs Chimera v2.0.1 r2109 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back