Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here is my system and what I have done so far. I am only able to Boot my system in Safe mode.

Motherboard - GA-H77N-Wifi
CPU - Intel i5 2500K
Hard Drive - Samsung 840 SSD 120GB
Memory - 4GB Nanya DDR3
PSU - Corsair CX600M
Case - Bitfenix Prodigy

I created a bootable USB with UniBeast on my MacBook Air using Mountain Lion 10.8.3. I used the following guide to set up my bios. I also disabled the Vt-d setting.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

The only way that I could get to the install screen was to boot the USB in safe mode. After the OS installed I rebooted in safe mode again and ran MultiBeast with the DSDT for my motherboard that I downloaded from the database.

I selected the following settings in MultiBeast.

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
ALC892 With DSDT
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Realtek - Lnx2Mac's
1080p Display
Mac mini 6,1

The system will boot in safe mode but hangs up when I try to boot normally. When I try to boot normally in verbose mode, it stops at the attached screen. Hopefully you can see these pictures.

IMG_9815.jpgIMG_9816.jpgIMG_9817.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

I made a few changes last night and got some different results but still only able to boot in safe mode. I formatted the drive and ran the UniBeast install again in safe mode. When the intall completed I rebooted twice in safe mode and then ran MultiBeast with UserDSDT as the only selection and the GA-H77N-Wifi DSDT on the desktop. I then rebooted again and ran MultiBeast with the following selections.

ALC892 (With DSDT)
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Systems
1080p Display
Mac Mini 5,1
Sandy Bridge Core i5

After the MultiBeast install I installed Chimera 2.0.1 I may have rebooted again before the install but I'm not certain. After Chimera 2.0.1 installed I rebooted again and ran MultiBeast one more time with the Realtek - Lnx2Mac's driver selected. When this install was done, I rebooted one more time in safe mode before I tried to boot normally.

When I try to boot normally a gray Apple screen with the spinning wheel below the Apple logo appears. The screen flashes to black and then back to the gray Apple logo screen with no spinning wheel. It sits at this screen with occasional hard drive activity but doesn't go past it. I never let it go for longer than 10 minutes before trying again. I tried booting with several different boot options but it did the same thing.

When I boot with the -v option the screen breifly scrolls through several pages of text and then switches to the gray apple logo screen with no spinning wheel and doesn't go past that. I did notice the color wheel in the upper left corner after a period of time but I don't believe that it was spinning.

I'm not sure what to try next. Should I let it run longer and see if it eventually boots or gives me an error? When I'm booted in safe mode everything seems to work fine. My ethernet port and graphics work, I can get to the internet and switch to various display sizes.

I made a few changes last night and got some different results but still only able to boot in safe mode. I formatted the drive and ran the UniBeast install again in safe mode. When the intall completed I rebooted twice in safe mode and then ran MultiBeast with UserDSDT as the only selection and the GA-H77N-Wifi DSDT on the desktop. I then rebooted again and ran MultiBeast with the following selections.

ALC892 (With DSDT)
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Systems
1080p Display
Mac Mini 5,1
Sandy Bridge Core i5

Hi!

Maybe you should try the mac pro (3,1) system definition...

I used a DSDT as the only selected option in my first run of Multibeast and then after a reboot I ran Multibeast again to install the drivers. That's why I selected the DSDT sound kext. I will give the mac pro definition a shot.​

Any luck, quazi11?

I'm thinking of building a similar mixed system with an i7-2600k processor.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back