CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just installed all the hardware, everything appears to be wired up. So I plug it into a display and power it on. I immediately get a black screen with the "insert boot disk and press any key" error. I also don't get the motherboard start screen and don't know how to access my BIOS.
Yes I know there is a certain key to press but I don't know when to press it (after error screen? press and hold while booting?).

What could be causing this error and why does the motherboard start up screen not appear?

Any form of help is appreciated :/

Note: this is the first time the computer had power and there was no unibeast usb drive installed...

SPECS:
i5 3570k
GA-Z77n-WIFI
16Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA 660 SC (not installed, so this isn't a factor)
Sandisk Extreme SSD 240Gb
Corsair CX500 PSU

Ok so I fixed my own problem... Sorry about that.

I case anyone runs into the problem I have: The system I have boots so quickly that often times you don't see a "start screen". In this case where it is basically impossible to see the "Start Screen", Hit the Reset button on your system and quickly keep pressing the bios hot key (Found in the motherboard manual) and you should be able to get to the BIOS.

Also if you have an Apple based keyboard the "delete" hotkey isn't actually the "Delete" Key. In my case I was using an older version of the Wired Apple Keyboard with Number Pad, so the delete key used to access the BIOS was another delete key grouped between the number pad and the main keys. Other delete key on the main portion of the keyboard did not work.

Hope I can help anyone else who may need some guidance.

And sorry if this is a basic easy to fix problem, I am new my self and could not figure it out until I tinkered with it for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back