Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How I dread having to post here yet again, but I have yet another question. I'm going to install a Intel Core i7 2620M dual-core CPU tomorrow and I need to know what adjustments I must make in my system files, if any, such as the DSDT file.

My memory is truly awful and I learn and forget things over and over, plus I'm fairly new to Clover.

My current config.plist file shows my system as MacBook Pro 8,1 with core i5/i7 cpu, so maybe I don't need to change anything?

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry to post here again. I can't wait until I get a real Mac and don't have to put anyone out here anymore.

How I dread having to post here yet again, but I have yet another question. I'm going to install a Intel Core i7 2620M dual-core CPU tomorrow and I need to know what adjustments I must make in my system files, if any, such as the DSDT file.

My memory is truly awful and I learn and forget things over and over, plus I'm fairly new to Clover.

My current config.plist file shows my system as MacBook Pro 8,1 with core i5/i7 cpu, so maybe I don't need to change anything?

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry to post here again. I can't wait until I get a real Mac and don't have to put anyone out here anymore.

You will definitely need to regenerate SSDT (SSDT is specific to CPU).

And it is probably a good idea to also re-patch DSDT.

Could you give me a quick morons guide on how to do that with Clover real quick please? I never seem to find what I'm looking for via search and things are often explained in a way that lacks enough detail for me.

I'd appreciate it, man.

I'll have a look at that. Thank you kindly, Rehabman. You're a good dude.

Without you, I wouldn't have a hackintosh, so thank you for all of your help and your guides and efforts.

No worries. Both tasks are things you've already done before, so it shouldn't be difficult.

One last question, buddy. Should I delete my DSDT and SSDT before I repatch? And should I delete them and reboot, then as I'm rebooting press F4 and patch when I return to desktop?

I don't think it matters. You're going to be booting from your Clover USB anyway.

Oh I thought I'd boot from HDD, so I'm glad that was cleared up. I can't believe what a noob I sound like when I was able to get like 3 or 4 or more hackintosh setups going on this laptop and dual boots, but I can't remember how to repatch some files. Kinda sad...

Oh I thought I'd boot from HDD, so I'm glad that was cleared up. I can't believe what a noob I sound like when I was able to get like 3 or 4 or more hackintosh setups going on this laptop and dual boots, but I can't remember how to repatch some files. Kinda sad...

You can't boot from HDD because the SSDT installed is for your old CPU. OS X will likely panic when confronted with the new CPU and old(wrong) SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back