Contribute
Register

Need help with config (opencore) for intel wi-fi

Hello, Feartech

I want to ask for your help again. My system stopped shutting down and sleeping/waking correctly.

What I did - I updated Open Core to the latest version and all kext files. I then tried on another external drive to install Ventura, but EFI did not work on Ventura (my system booted normally with the "new" EFI). So I used Simple on my Coffee Lake system and installed the new version.

I then removed the external drive and rebooted from my internal drive. My "old" system boots normally, works as before, but these two things stopped working properly. When I select shut down the screen turns off but the computer continues to work. When the computer is asleep and I want to wake it up, the same thing happens - the computer wakes up, but the screen remains black.

I tried and restored the old EFI folder that I had saved, but to no avail.
What went wrong?

Hello, Feartech

I want to ask for your help again. My system stopped shutting down and sleeping/waking correctly.

What I did - I updated Open Core to the latest version and all kext files. I then tried on another external drive to install Ventura, but EFI did not work on Ventura (my system booted normally with the "new" EFI). So I used Simple on my Coffee Lake system and installed the new version.

I then removed the external drive and rebooted from my internal drive. My "old" system boots normally, works as before, but these two things stopped working properly. When I select shut down the screen turns off but the computer continues to work. When the computer is asleep and I want to wake it up, the same thing happens - the computer wakes up, but the screen remains black.

I tried and restored the old EFI folder that I had saved, but to no avail.
What went wrong?
make sure you reset nvram when you make any changes to your system

zip and upload your EFI
I put the last EFI folder - with the update and the ported usb.
Maybe I'm imagining it, but with the updates the system works faster and more stable.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.3 MB · Views: 8
I put the last EFI folder - with the update and the ported usb.
Maybe I'm imagining it, but with the updates the system works faster and more stable.
XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled if you have setup your USB Ports correctly

looking into your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext, it doesn't look correct

XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled if you have setup your USB Ports correctly

looking into your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext, it doesn't look correct
Hello again,
I followed exactly this instruction. I have updated Open Core to 0.9.8. In the instructions it says that if the version is after 0.9.3 XhciPortLimit should be enabled. These are my screenshots from this morning.
What should I change in info.plist in my USBPorts.kext?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.15.34.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.15.34.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.16.34.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.16.34.png
    376.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.18.40.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.18.40.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
Hello again,
I followed exactly this instruction. I have updated Open Core to 0.9.8. In the instructions it says that if the version is after 0.9.3 XhciPortLimit should be enabled. These are my screenshots from this morning.
What should I change in info.plist in my USBPorts.kext?
would assume HS01 should be set to USB3

would also expect to see HS03 in there also set to USB3

also maybe see some usb3.1 ports if you laptop has them?

XhciPortLimit should be enabled for port discovery, then disabled after

Sorry for the stupid question, but what does HS01 and CC01 mean? And how do I know which USB port to assign to which?

The laptop has 3 external USB ports: 1x USB2 and 2x USB3.
The rest are internal devices that I don't really know what they are for. There is also 1x card reader.

According to the laptop spec (link, see p.8 and p.9. The device doesn't have a Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port (Optional)), I assume CC01 and CC03 are USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports. How should I mark them in the Hackintool app because in the menu I have the following choices: USB2, TypeC+Sw, TypeC and Internal?

Last edited:

I checked - the device does not have Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C).

Feartech

please proceed with the instructions on setting up the USB ports.

Back