Contribute
Register

Need help with config (opencore) for intel wi-fi

install the sensor kexts that come with VirtualSMC.kext:
@Feartech thanks for the help. I installed SMCProcessor.kext yesterday and now everything is fine. I don't know if there are sensors on the motherboard and how can I see information from them too? What else do you think I can delete redundantly to make the machine start up faster and run smoothly?

@Feartech thanks for the help. I installed SMCProcessor.kext yesterday and now everything is fine. I don't know if there are sensors on the motherboard and how can I see information from them too? What else do you think I can delete redundantly to make the machine start up faster and run smoothly?
look into iStat menu application

no files attached so not sure what you can remove...

look into iStat menu application

no files attached so not sure what you can remove...
I am attaching a screenshot with information from the iStat sensors.
I have also removed all the files for the other wifi adapters and left only the intel one. What else do you think I can delete redundantly to make the machine start up faster and run smoothly?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 7.45.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 7.45.15.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 21
I am attaching a screenshot with information from the iStat sensors.
I have also removed all the files for the other wifi adapters and left only the intel one. What else do you think I can delete redundantly to make the machine start up faster and run smoothly?
not sure, you haven't uploaded your zipped EFI

I am attaching my EFI folder
you have set 7 ports to internal (255) in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext
you probably do not have 7 internal devices on a laptop

re read the guide you followed to set that up:

delete the kexts you are not using from your kexts folder

assuming you need all those aml files you created?

your section:
Code:
<key>Drivers</key>
        <array>
            <string>HFSPlus.efi</string>
            <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
            <string>OpenCanopy.efi</string>
        </array>
is in the wrong format, check over the sample.plist for correct setup:

you have set 7 ports to internal (255) in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext
you probably do not have 7 internal devices on a laptop
This is a screenshot of my Hackintool screen after turning on all available USB ports. Could the others (the ones not colored green) be something else I'm not currently using - like the HDMI port and the card reader?
1686338492863.png

delete the kexts you are not using from your kexts folder
I deleted everything unnecessary in my opinion. You can look at my screenshot, but I don't know what these four kexts are for: CPUFriend.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext, IOElectrify.kext and NoTouchID.kext.
1686338832150.png

assuming you need all those aml files you created?
I don't know if he really needs all of them. I downloaded the entire "OS" folder ready from the Internet. Can you help me delete the extras?

your section:
Code:
<key>Drivers</key>
<array>
<string>HFSPlus.efi</string>
<string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
<string>OpenCanopy.efi</string>
</array>
is in the wrong format, check over the sample.plist for correct setup:
I don't know what should replace these codes. Can you help me with those too?

This is a screenshot of my Hackintool screen after turning on all available USB ports. Could the others (the ones not colored green) be something else I'm not currently using - like the HDMI port and the card reader?
View attachment 567598

I deleted everything unnecessary in my opinion. You can look at my screenshot, but I don't know what these four kexts are for: CPUFriend.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext, IOElectrify.kext and NoTouchID.kext.
View attachment 567599

I don't know if he really needs all of them. I downloaded the entire "OS" folder ready from the Internet. Can you help me delete the extras?

I don't know what should replace these codes. Can you help me with those too?
why did you install these:
CPUFriend.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext, IOElectrify.kext and NoTouchID.kext.
if you have no idea what they do?

yes, your usb setup is wrong, read the guide and make sure to be using Catalina

this is the problem when you grab an EFI from the web with no idea how any of it works

i gave you a link to the sample.plist for you to compare

why did you install these:
CPUFriend.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext, IOElectrify.kext and NoTouchID.kext.
if you have no idea what they do?

yes, your usb setup is wrong, read the guide and make sure to be using Catalina

this is the problem when you grab an EFI from the web with no idea how any of it works

i gave you a link to the sample.plist for you to compare
Thank you for your responsiveness. The software version is BigSir. I see that USB settings are done with Catalina. I have no option to reinstall the software, at least at this stage.
Although there are inaccuracies, the computer runs smoothly and without problems. It even goes to sleep and wakes up properly.
At this point I will postpone the corrections. Many thanks once again for your help and patience :)

Back