i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I thought I were sure that I did everything right with my SSDT-BATT...
But sadly I cannot get the battery to be detected.

I switched from an EliteBook 830 G5 to a ProBook 650 G5. Both systems are very similar but as I had to learn the hard way, they are not the same.

@BlvckBytes maybe you can take a look at it and tell me where I did make (an) error(s)?

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.3 MB · Views: 54
  • DSDT_patched.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • SSDT-BATT.dsl
    30.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi guys,

I thought I were sure that I did everything right with my SSDT-BATT...
But sadly I cannot get the battery to be detected.

I switched from an EliteBook 830 G5 to a ProBook 650 G5. Both systems are very similar but as I had to learn the hard way, they are not the same.

@BlvckBytes maybe you can take a look at it and tell me where I did make (an) error(s)?

Thank you so much.

Cheers
some user's have had a lot of success with this:

no need for rename's and SSDT, just SMCBatteryManager.kext

also test with MacBookPro15,2

some user's have had a lot of success with this:

no need for rename's and SSDT, just SMCBatteryManager.kext

also test with MacBookPro15,2
Thanks for the reply, but why do you think that renames and SSDT are not needed?

As you see in my EFI I already use SMCBatteryManager.kext and the battery is not being detected.

I tried the script but all I got is this:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 1, in <module>
    from models.asl_file import AslFile
ImportError: No module named models.asl_file

@Feartech

Are you sure you've posted the right tool there? This is my old, incomplete patcher, that - as of now - only generates regions, IIRC.

This thingy here, on the other hand, is able to patch all fields automagically. Only thing it can't do, is custom patches - obviously. But those are not always required.

@tyraenor

Thus, I'd recommend you to try the suggested Kext above, could save you a lot of work.

@Feartech

Are you sure you've posted the right tool there? This is my old, incomplete patcher, that - as of now - only generates regions, IIRC.

This thingy here, on the other hand, is able to patch all fields automagically. Only thing it can't do, is custom patches - obviously. But those are not always required.

@tyraenor

Thus, I'd recommend you to try the suggested Kext above, could save you a lot of work.
So no renames in OC and not SSDT-BATT.aml, just the kext?

BTW: I think I just found the issue. One renaming is not working... (BTIX)

UPDATE:
After fixing the renaming it worked. But I gave your kext a try and removed all the renames and the SSDT-BATT and it worked perfectly. Thanks @BlvckBytes!

Last edited:
@tyraenor

Happy that it works both ways, awesome! :) I would always suggest to use the kext nowadays, since those mechanical renames are easily done by the machine. You can later on still patch custom features, if needed, which is why this kext is a part of the ultimate solution.

Just to clarify again: Yes, the kext is supposed to be installed standalone, without the renames applied.

I tried making a Typescript patcher, that didn't work very well
I think the ruins of it are somewhere on my repo, it sucked. It got a bit further than yours, and tried to generate code.
I think I spent one or two nights on ECEnabler vs the month or two I tried with my patcher lol.

@Feartech

@tyraenor

my bad, got the wrong one :)

@1Revenger1

Haha, yep, I already had a little look at that project, looked like you got pretty far tho! I always dreamt of a tool like this, and I knew that it wouldn't be impossible, but knowledge of how compilers work would have helped me out immensely, since that's kind of what we're trying to accomplish here.

Anyways, the kext is probably the most genius solution there is, wonder how you got to that. Just thought about it one day, and then implemented it? For me, personally, I know C okay-ish, but I have no idea about the whole apple kernel environment, or even the lilu-plugin-interface. I would be lost, xDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back